Dong Chaoming looked at the sky outside through the glass door of the tutoring institution. When he looked back, Yu Chu had already picked up his bag and opened the door. The sunset outside the door

  "clicked"

  and fell on Yu Chu indiscriminately. Even his hair was gentle. In the light, the hem of her skirt lifted up, making her look even slender. Dong Chaoming unconsciously grasped the strap of his schoolbag and did not leave his eyes for a moment until Yu Chu disappeared from sight.

  She is like a tulip blooming in the swaying light and shadow.

  When Yu Chu got into the car, the door next to her opened immediately. She was stunned for a moment, and suddenly realized that she wanted to send Dong Chaoming back.

  I don’t know what happened to Dong Chaoming recently, but he didn’t come to provoke her.
Dong Chaoming didn't know what happened recently, but he didn't come to provoke her. Even in such an excellent place for quarreling, he could sit in his seat as quiet as a chicken. It was probably because when they met by chance in the supermarket two days ago, he stumbled over his left foot and fell in front of her in a very funny way. Now he has no shame to criticize her.

Yu Chu felt good when he recalled that scene. He turned the pages of the word cards in his hand, rarely taking a break
I thought carefully about how to translate "quiet as a chicken".

...

When she got home, Gu Hui had already put dinner on the table. The Yu family did not hire a nanny, only an hourly worker came to clean the house regularly. Gu Hui did the housework such as dinner directly. Yu Chu put on his slippers and walked into the restaurant following the smell of rice. Gu Hui took out the last three pairs of chopsticks from the kitchen and told Yu Chu to sit down.

"Xiao Chu, go wash your hands quickly. Dinner is ready."

Yu Chu put her schoolbag on the chair. Seeing that her father was rarely sitting in the upper seat tonight, Yu Chu was a little surprised and called out politely,

"dad."

Yu Haohang had just arrived home not long ago. When he saw his daughter returning home, he gave the same instructions to Yu Chu and Gu Hui,

"Go wash your hands."

Yu Chu's figure disappeared into the restaurant.

Yu Haohang frowned, his lenses reflecting the light from the chandelier above his head and he could not see his eyes clearly, his tone sounded a little dry,

"How high is the air conditioner?"

"25 degree."

"Why are you driving it so high? Turn it down."

Gu Hui slapped his hand that was holding the spoon away and glared.

"Yu Chu is not in good health. 25 degrees is low enough. Can you pay more attention to your daughter? She can't even speak a few words every day."

Yu Haohang choked and spoke harshly,

"What can I do if others come to me? To maintain connections, I have to give them face."

Gu Hui also knew that there was no way to avoid it.

"What if I push a few occasionally? You should come home more often."

"I know, I know."

Seeing Yu Chu coming back from washing his hands, the two of them stopped talking in time. Only when Yu Chu sat down did the three of them officially use their chopsticks. Gu Hui cooked a lot of dishes today, and it was a lot richer with one more person. Yu Chu took a spoonful of the spicy beef soup in the middle. Gu Hui saw it and told her,

"Don't drink too much. You should eat less spicy food at school. Pay attention to your diet during this period. I talked to my competition mother and the teacher said it is very tiring. You should eat more nutritious food and less exciting food."

Yu Chu likes spicy food, which is the best if it makes her cry. She also likes iced food. Drinking ice water while the air conditioner is blowing is her favorite combination in summer. But in order to cure her dysmenorrhea, her mother forced her to drink traditional Chinese medicine, and she almost stopped eating ice cream. She had to stop eating spicy food in the first place, but Yu Chu couldn't stop eating it. She couldn't stop eating it, but the frequency of eating it had dropped. Yu Chu took a bite of the spicy and fresh beef and hummed vaguely.
"Competition? What competition?"

Yu Haohang took a sip of the soup, and his lips turned red from the spicy taste. He hurriedly took a large mouthful of water and waited until the spicy taste subsided before expressing his doubts.

Yu Chu didn't feel anything wrong after finishing the bowl. His expression was as usual, but he just squeezed the spoon tightly.

"Teacher Tian recommended me to participate in the math competition."
"Is he the boy from the Dong family who won the first prize when he was a freshman in high school?"

"Yeah, but he didn't sign up this time.
Yu Haohang rarely asked about Yu Chu's studies. He only knew that his daughter had good grades, and she always suppressed the Dong family, making him extra proud in front of Dong Chenlei. I was surprised when I heard that Dong Chaoming did not participate.

"It's really rare that Dong Chenlei would let his son give up the opportunity."

Gu Hui kicked him under the table, and Yu Haohang consciously shut up and encouraged his daughter."Xiao Chu, dad believes in you, how could my Yu Haohang's daughter not have this strength?"

Yu Chu raised the corner of his mouth and buried his head in eating.