chapter 6

6. Tropical monsoon

6. Tropical monsoon

This villa area imitates the Japanese style. There are several Podocarpus pine trees planted in front of each house. The branches are spread out diagonally and peeking out from the high white fence. Dong Chaoming feels like Dong Chenlei pretending to be gentle.

"Goodbye, aunt."

Su Zhihan first dropped Yu Chu in front of his house. Yu Chu got out of the car and said goodbye to Su Zhihan. Su Zhihan held his hand on the steering wheel and turned his head to say goodbye.

"Goodbye Xiaochu."

Dong Chaoming didn't move, and forced to wave because of his damn eyes.

Yu Chu glanced at him and met Dong Chaoming's eyes with unclear meaning.

She closed the door neatly.

When Yu Chu came home, he was grabbed by Gu Hui anxiously, his brows furrowed.

"Xiao Chu, why didn't you let the driver pick you up today? Did your dad bring you back?"

Her dad? How could it be possible? Her father could not care about her when he was in the entertainment scene all day long.

Yu Chu grinned,

"Aunt Su sent me back."

Gu Hui calmed down, raised her eyebrows, asked her what fruit she wanted to eat today, and watched Yu Chu go upstairs to his room.

After closing the door, Yu Chu walked straight to the mirror and took a tissue to wipe off the lip gloss that had been stuck on her mouth for a day. The color had become mottled after a whole day, and only the lip lines still retained the beauty they should have. During the day, Yu Chu Studying against time, naturally there is no time to make up for it. But it doesn't matter, as long as she can be complete at noon, it is enough.

...

A strange feeling continued to surround Dong Chaoming for several days. This strange feeling was named Yu Chu.

Every day at noon, he could accurately find Dong Chaoming who was hiding and take the initiative to have dinner with him. Chu Yi had already fled. Dong Chaoming scolded him for being unloyal. His reasons were very sincere, leaving Dong Chaoming speechless.

"I feel inferior when Yu Chu sits there. I really can't eat."

Several others who were close to him heard that he and Yu Chu would disappear at mealtime every day for fear of being caught. Dong Chaoming opened the ring of the drink can with one hand, raised his neck and took a sip. He glanced at Yu Chu who was concentrating on listening across from him, feeling extremely irritable.

Sitting face to face every day without saying a word to him, except for the first day and the time when Yu Zhuyue came over to borrow a card, they all put their earphones in, and even asked Yu Zhuyue for a drink in front of him. It was not good for him not to give it to her in front of outsiders. In order to save face, he endured his temper and went to the vending machine to buy her a white peach soda. When she came back and Yu Zhuyue left, she said no more, returned the money to him and turned around to leave. He was so angry that he drank the whole soda in two or three gulps and spent the whole afternoon drinking soda. belch.

Of course Yu Chu did it on purpose. Dong Chaoming was dropped off by Uncle Dong in the morning and picked up by Aunt Su in the evening. She could only use the excuse of the driver not coming once or twice to arouse suspicion. She had to use eating together every day to stimulate Yu Zhuyue. At the right time, he went home with Dong Chaoming to lure her back for another confrontation. Isn't she afraid of their half-hearted childhood sweethearts, so she needs to catch her attention. That night, Yu Chu repeated his old trick and drove back to the Dong family's car. The next day, Yu Zhuyue couldn't hold himself back anymore and came to find him in the cafeteria. Yu Chu put away the headphones and watched Yu Zhuyue looking at Dong Chaoming calmly. Borrowing the card, after waiting for a while, she spoke,

"Chaoming, I'd like a drink."

Dong Chaoming's expression changed, whether it was because of the Chao Ming or because of her instigation. His eyes turned around Yu Chu, and finally he went to buy it with his mobile phone. Yu Zhuyue held Dong Chaoming's card tightly in her hand, her eyes under her bangs filled with tears.

"Why do you have to do it just for me?"

It's fun to talk to smart people, unlike that fool Dong Chaoming who keeps the questions in his heart bottled up every day until Yu Chu wants to ask them for him.

"Didn't you say that Dong Chaoming doesn't like me? I just want to give it a try to see if he really hates me as much as you said."

"You're not jealous, are you? I am his friend just like you."

Yu Zhuyue's non-aggressive face turned red with anger. Of course she could tell that Yu Chu was scolding her in a roundabout way for not knowing what she was thinking, and using his girlfriend's arrogance to criticize others even though they were just friends.

Shooting yourself in the foot.

Yu Chu looked at Yu Zhuyue's tense back and raised the corners of his mouth with satisfaction.

Having achieved her goal, she didn't bother to act anymore. Dong Chaoming's face made her look tired and crooked. Dong Chaoming, who had returned from buying a drink, handed her a can of white peach soda. The peach figurine printed on the top looked very similar to him. Yu Chu directly put it to her. He put the money on the table and turned back to the classroom without looking at the twisted expression of the boy behind him.

...

"Finished?"

After listening to a piece of material, Yu Chu had time to glance at Dong Chaoming. Dong Chaoming put down the dripping drink can and said "hmm". Yu Chu stood up in the next second and made a gesture to leave. Suddenly he turned around, took Dong Chaoming's dinner plate away, and said,

"You're welcome."

He walked towards the recycling station.

From that day on, Yu Chu never came to see him again, not at noon, not at night, and not at home. The two of them returned to their previous state of almost no contact at school. During this period, Yu Zhuyue came to him in the cafeteria to think about it. I wanted to sit at the same table with him, but Dong Chaoming refused for some unknown reason, saying that there was someone else. Dong Chaoming resumed his life of eating with friends, as if the previous week was just a short episode. That day he accidentally saw Yu Chu sitting by the window, with his hair tied back casually, a strand of hair hanging down from the right side of his face, bent into an arc, and familiar headphones plugged into his ears.

Dong Chaoming suddenly breathed a sigh of relief, but felt uncomfortable again.

Are you kidding him?

After waiting and waiting, on the Friday when the dinner was due, Dong Chaoming caught Yu Chu directly at his house.

————————————————————————————————————————

"