The airstrikes

Me, my aunt and the old couple bake a bread for our meal, while my little cousins are playing around chasing each other, we may be oppressed but our spirit are still not crushed, the genuine smile on these children's faces, paint the joy that the Israeli occupation never been stolen, they may steal our people's houses and belongings, but the smile of the children's faces, are the one they can't steal. We've done baking, and I told my aunt that I will go out and find Julius and dad. They go out together, I can see dad and Julius are becoming even close these times, the way she takes him to walk outside, I can see the times when my brother is still alive, that was the same thing my brother and dad do when they are vacant, they walk outside, and sometimes, they target cans using a slingshot. My father was so excellent in using slingshot since he was young, actually, some of our people who take risk of facing the Israeli soldiers, they use slingshots, due to lack of weapons, they bravely fought guns by just using slingshots until they got killed, and there's no justice, we have no justice, just because we are Palestinians.

Just as I expect, I can see them out of town, in the pasture, he is teaching Julius how to use a slingshot, I ran towards them, "Hey you guys, the bread is ready" I smiled at them, after dad taught Julius, he now does what dad taught, as he swings the slingshot circling above his head, the speed increases like it was an electric fan, it even ables to produce as strong wind that blows the grasses under his feet. He then releases the stone and shoots the can, me and dad have a jaw drop as he hits such a force like it was an actual gun, the can flew far away. Me and dad ran to check the can, it was exhausting because of the distance it flew. What shocks us the most is, the can got a hole like it was hit by a bullet, we looked at Julius and we are surprised as well, because he is with us, like how he moves that fast? We didn't even notice he ran, and it looks like he's not exhausted in the run? "What???" Julius exclaimed as he saw the can he hit with the slingshot. My dad and I looked at each other then we looked at Julius, then he lowered his gaze, "Sorry, if I did something that surprised you" Julius said, "Lets forget all this"

As we turned around to start walking, a fighter jet in the sky came out of nowhere, and released a missile and strike the buildings that caused a heavy explosion, and another fighter jet followed and  release the second airstrike, "Marya!!" Father screams, I can't stop myself and I scream as well, "Aunty!!" Kicked the ground and created a crack on the ground where his feet kick and his other legs lifted quick and step forward then he sprint so fast, "Julius wait for us!" I scream then father and I run as fast as we can so we will reach the house. "Mom!" I scream as my heartbeat gets faster and I do my best to catch up my breath, Julius getting far and far, we can reach him, his speed is almost like a racing car, and we are never able to catch up with him but we keep running. We've reached our destination, me and father bend our knees and lower our heads trying to catch up with our breath and recover our energy. As I lift my gaze up, Julius is standing in front of us, facing the house that is now, a ruins, he closes his fist and his closed fist shakes indicating his fury, "We're too late" Julius' said with his slightly shaking voice. Father and I ran towards the ruins and we screamed and couldn't stop our tears.. "Nour!!" dad screams saying my mother's name, "Marya!!" And now my aunt's name, as he cries like a child whose candy was stolen.

While crying, I hear the scream of Julius and with his brute strength, he's removing the ruins just to retrieve mom, aunt, the old couple and my little cousins. Julius managed to find mom,"Mrs. Nour!" He picked her up, then used his two fingers and put them on mom's carotid artery, "Call an ambulance, she's still has a sign of life" Julius exclaimed, "Mom!!" I ran towards her and wrapped my arms around her, and I kept on crying with my mouth on her head, then Julius kept removing the ruins, like a human backhoe, and managed to find the old couple, aunt and my cousins, dad carry aunty and put her beside mom and Julius carry my two cousins. Julius, used his two fingers again, and this time he used it to close their eyes, Aunt, the old couple, and my little cousin already left the world, my father and I cried even louder. The fighter jets that fire missiles on us passes by with their magnificent pride. Julius gazes on the jets with his eyes blaze with fury. He picked up a living stone, the hardest stone, Then he crushed the stone with his tightened grip and turned it into a closed fist, then he breathed so deep then exhaled heavily.