Time to come up with another long lie. Luna sighed.

Alphard wanted to laugh at her expression, she sensed it and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Luna will explain." Alphard said making her glare at him more.

"The life of the next Alpha of the Wolverales pack is in danger, uncle." She began. "He's been sought by some people and they want to end him."

"Why?" Carl asked.

"Apparently, there's a beast out there with the Blood Thirst mark and they think that the Wolverales boy is the one who'd defeat him so they want to end him before he ends them."

"Is the boy marked with the Eight Armed Flake?"

"No uncle, but they think so for some reason. Aunt Camille was captured by them years ago and they made it look like she died in an accident, while she'd managed to escape them and was in a state of unconsciousness for all this time. Dad was captured for information on the boy as they think that he'd gone into hiding in a place that dad told him about."

"How do you know that there's an evil beast and that's the reason they're looking for the boy?" Carl asked.

"He should be told everything from the start, Luna." Greg stated.

Luna agreed and took a deep long breath, she would've to carefully put the pieces of her lies together for Carl to believe them. Him being here could only mean he was held captive by the people who are after Alphard and could possibly be used to get information from them.

"Me and my mate are Interpol agents, uncle. We were on a mission far from our town and came back to find that they'd captured dad because it seemed like he whispered something to the boy after which he managed to escape. Then we got Greg to help us find dad, we made people believe that Greg and Brian were working with the bad guys as they were the only ones who knew the whole truth apart from our family and had both of them imprisoned. No one knows that I'd found my mate let alone it's Brian, or if that's his actual name. We gave him the name Alphard Volvomaks and staged that he was a human who just happened to know about our kinds."

She stopped to process her own story and sighed.

"How did you manage it all?" Carl asked.

"One hell of a work, don't even ask, uncle. Then I'd to fake Alphard Volvomaks's death as I needed him beside me to carry the mission out. And as we continued our search for dad, we found aunt Camille, that was totally unexpected, she was captured by those people back then and so knew about the existence of the evil beast; that's how we found out. We'd need to be a step ahead of them and make sure the boy's safety, so we're here after finding a clue that those guys are taking cover in this forest." She sighed again. "I'm afraid that the people who captured you are the ones after the boy, so unfortunately you'd have to go back there, only this time you won't be alone."

Carl agreed to play the bait. But he needed to gain a little strength, so they took him to their bags and gave him water to drink. He looked at Luna picturing the three year old girl who used to run in circles around him and his mate. Then his eyes landed on her belly.

"Why's your stomach bumpy?" He asked.

"I've found my mate, uncle. What do you think the reason is?" She smiled at him, stroking her belly from over the leather jacket. "You're becoming a grandfather soon."

What's more? She cannot tell him about the weapon.

"You hid the fact that you found your mate, what about your appearance?" Carl asked.

"It's only starting to show, uncle. Back home I'd just wear loose T-shirts so cover this up. It's only visible because of the tight jacket I'm wearing now."