Drabble 37: Calling Doctor Watson

Dedivated to @AhsGhxst

Pietro sat in the therapists consulting room, staring out at the rain which was pouring heavily through the broken guttering.

Doctor Watson sat opposite him, his reading glasses perched on the end of his nose. The silver-haired male wasn't sure why he had chosen this doctor in particular. Prehaps it was the way he was calm collected. Maybe it was because he could be truly empathetic when it came to talking about loss and death. Or prehaps...maybe...prehaps it was because of his unintimidating size. John Watson was a good few feet smaller than Pietro in height. You might even say he was Hobbit-sized.

Actually, when Pietro thought about it more indepthly, it was because Doctor Watson looked like a hedgehog. Yeah, that was it.

"How are you sleeping?" the said doctor asked, his hands clasped together, resting on his yellow notepad.

Quicksilver shrugged. "I still get nightmares if that's what you're asking."

"Of Murron?"

He nodded.

Doctor Watson sighed. "Pietro, we have talked about this, what happened to you wasn't your fault."

"But it was." the Avenger's gaze flashed with unadulterated angery as his eye contact met his therapist's. Pietro's jaw clenched as he attempted to swat away the red mist he was seeing. He sat back more in his chair, legs stretched out more before him. "It is." Pietro's voice grew quieter. He paused, choosing his worfs carefully. Then, he shook his head. "I can't stop blaming myself. If I'd have just stayed with her-"

"Then you'd be dead too." the doctor interrupted Pietro.

The patient shrugged. "At least I would have tried to do something."

"You were doing something though," the older male continued his interruption. "you were saving your sister from The Winter Soldier."

Pietro sat forwards, his head in his hands, elbows resting on his knees. "It was all such a mess on a mission."

"You can't blame yourself for a mission going south."

"I don't blame myself for that, it's one of the only things I don't consider as my fault. I blame myself for letting Murron die."

"She died saving you, are you really saying that her death was in vain?"

"No." Pietro said, utterly horrified. "No one should have died that day. We all should have lefted that op alive."

Doctor Watson shuffled in his seat, hands now steepled beneath his chin. "I see."

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?"

He shook his head. "I live with crazy at home. You're not crazy."

A small smile played on Quicksilver's lips. A rare sight. "It's just," he cleared his voice, sitting up. Gaze now focused on the window, the rain in particular. "The last thing I heard was her screaming as bullets hailed over us. She died instantly, so I'm grateful to know she wasn't in pain. But then to be told that it was really some a*shole incharge of the entire invasion and not Loki and W.S., knowing that they were just puppets and we shouldn't have even been fighting that day, it does make you think what was the point?"

"The point was and is, is that you saved countless numbers of civilian lives that day and you stopped a Prince of Asgard being put under another trial for another invasion."

"It doesn't feel worth it."

"It will," the doctor assured him. "in time." glacing at the time, he placed his pad and paper to the side, rising out of his chair. "Same time next
week?"

Pietro too rose from his chair, nodding. "Thank you, doc."

Doctor Watson nodded and smiled. "I'll see you next week but in the meantime, look after yourself."

With a weak smile, Pietro nodded, exiting the consulting room.

Doctor Watson walked calmly over to his desk, swapping Pietro's file for his next patient's. "Right," he muttered to himself. "Steve Rogers, here to talk about Bucky dying in the latest op."

THE END

A/N: Thank you for your request.
Please feel free to submit more imagine ideas!

P.S. Thank you for the views, votes and comments!