Drabble 32: Amlou99910 (Part One)

Dedicated to @amylou99910

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Lydia had a secret, a power of some sort. It was strange but sometimes wonderful, unless she had a nightmare. You see, dear Reader, whatever Lydia dreamed of became real. If she dreamed of a sick, frail boy with a brave heart becoming a strong, well-toned soldier, then it happened.

It was a curse and a blessing. I'm sure you're wondering how such a gift could be a curse? Well, let me tell about a time when Lydia wished she could wake up and everything be a dream...

It was the Fourth of July and Lydia was exerted from all of the celebrations. She had gone to bed late into the night, around two o'clock.

As soon as her eyes closed, she drifted into a deep sleep.

Everything was hazy, where was she?

"Lydia, you need to get up!" a voice pleaded with her. "Please, Lydia! The helicarriers are leaving!"

She slowly opened her eyes, squinting at the bright sunlight that shone above. Then she suddenly sat up, looking around. She was in a warzone. "Oh no..." she whispered.

Pietro Maximoff was tugging at her arm, trying to force the female to stand up. "Come on, we need to go!"

However, for some unknown reason, her legs wouldn't move. It was as if she were walking through treacle. Her entire body hurt. "Pietro..." she murmured before her legs felt weak.

Instinctively, the handsome male caught her in his arms. "I've got you. It's okay. Come on. Let me just try and get you into a bridal hold then I can-"

He didn't even have a chance to finish his sentence because at that moment...

...bullets soared towards them.

A scream caught on her lips and never made a sound. She was frozen to the spot, unable to move. Closing her eyes, Lydia waited and waited for the bullets to make contact with her flesh. She didn't know what it would feel like but she was sure that it would hurt. A lot.

But the contact never came.

Confused, the female opened her eyes...

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N: Thank you for your request. Part Two will be posted shortly. Please feel free to submit more imagine ideas!

P.S. Thank you for the views, votes and comments!