Drabble 13: JokerSpears (Part Two)

Dedicated to @JokerSpears

Suddenly something burned cold in Appel's side. Pain hit her physically, knocking her off her feet. If Appel had been able to look down, she would have seen a pool of blood steadily seeping through her over-sized jumper. The scepter had sunk into her flesh.

Everything happened so quickly, Bucky grabbed Loki by his obsidian black hair and continuously punched him until he was spitting out more blood than saliva. Bucky threw him to the floor with a mighty thud, stunning Loki. The Winter Soldier proceeded to kick him in the gut repeatedly until he was begging for Bucky to stop. The coward. "You cowardly piece of sh*t! Don't you dare ever threaten my friend again. He may be your mission but he's my friend and no one threatens him."

Pietro's screams of despair filled the air as he gathered his fallen friend into his arms. Tears streaked his and her face. "Why did you-. Why...why couldn't you of. We could have been-." once again, he was reduced to a sobbing wreck.

"I had to...I had to." she gasped in pain as the life slowly drained from her weak body. "Maybe...maybe it would have ended this way..."

"Please," he begged. "please don't say that."

"I'm sorry, Pietro, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." a single tear ran down her greying face.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry...it had to end like this..." his voice trailed off.

"Pietro?"

"Hmmm?"

"I'm really scared, Pietro."

Pietro met Appel's terrified gaze. Suddenly, the realisation that he was going to lose his best friend fully hit him. "I'm not going anywhere." he desperately tried to stay brave for her.

"It hurts so much."

"I know," Pietro tenderly placed a kiss on Appel's forehead. "I know and I'm still so sorry. Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?"

Silently, she shook her head, eyelids beginning to droop. "Just don't leave me." she slurred, slipping away.

"I promise I'll be here when you wake up." that was a lie, she was never going to wake up. Pietro was only saying that to try and provide a little comfort for the female.

She was gone.

He gently laid her down upon the floor. There was not much time. Every second that passed, was another second she slipped further and further away from life and into the forever darkness. Her heart had stopped beating and Pietro had to find a way to kick start it again. Appel could not remain dead.

He needed to perform a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, chest compressions and rescue breath were the only method that would keep the blood and oxygen flowing around the body.

Placing his hands on the centre of the her chest, Pietro used the heel of his hand and began to press up and down at a steady beat, around two compressions per second. One...Two...Three, he counted in his head. Once Pietro reached thirty compressions, he tilted Appel's head, lifting her chin with two fingers. Pinching her nose, his lips clamped over hers as he blew air into hher lungs, willing for her to wake up. Each breathe had to last over one second, so after two, Pietro light-headedly repeated the thirty compressions.

"Come on, don't be dead. You can't die, I need you! You. Can't. Die. Wake up, please, just wake up. Wake up for me, wake up!" Pietro pleaded. Once again, his lips met hers, air left his body, trying to fill hers with life. "I love you. Alright? I love you!"

Just as the young male was about to repeat the compressions for a third time, Appel's eyelids began to flutter, her chest slowly but steadily rising and falling from breathing. She kept blinking, as if woken up from a deep sleep. A very deep sleep. Just from her actions, Pietro could tell she was lethargic and confused. Placing a gentle hand to a cheek, he smiled as her lazy gaze met his. "Welcome back." his stomache flipped with joy at the sight of her moving her head to the side, leaning into his touch. "I need you to stay with me now, I'm going to take you to the medical lab. For a moment I thought I'd lost you."

Appel could not say much, as her oxygen deprived brain tried to force itself back into present day and out of it's sluggish state but Pietro was sure he heard her whisper. "Love...you...too."

A/N: Thank you for your request. Please feel free to submit more!

P.S. Thank you for the views, votes and comments!