Chapter 7 "Mission Wave! We must protecc!" Pt.1

Start from the beginning

The team walked silently for several miles, with Kushina leading the way, Tazuna and Sakura following closely behind her, Sasuke walking quietly in the distance behind the two, Naruto and Naruko walking side by side as well, with Naruto maintaining a considerable distance from Naruko, and Kakashi walking at the back with his hands in his pockets. Naruto was scanning the trees not just for potential threats, but he was also taking in the breathtaking view of the forest and ideal lighting that they provided. Since nature is undoubtedly a lovely and serene place, why couldn't Naruto's life be equally serene and peaceful? Why must he endure suffering?, Throughout their journey no one uttered a single word, until Sakura spoke up.

"Hey Mr. Bridge builder, can I ask you a question?" Sakura asks as she looked up at Tazuna.

"What is it kid," Tazuna replied.

"Are there any Ninja's in the Nami no Kuni? (𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬)" Sakura asks Tazuna.

"No, there aren't any Ninja's there," Tazuna replied, not explaining why.

"Why?" Sakura asked curious.

"Well, how do I put this," Tazuna says as he puts on a thinking face.

As Sakura listened to Tazuna explain why there are no ninjas in The Land of Waves, Naruto remained silent until Kurama spoke up.

Kurama calls out, "𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐭," gaining his jailer's attention.

'Yeah? What is it Kurama? Is there a problem?' Naruto asks, wondering if Kurama sensed any threats nearby.

"𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" Kurama says, Naruto looked on ahead and see's a puddle of water.

'Yeah I see it, what about it?' Naruto asks, why would Kurama warn him about a puddle, he was rather confused by this.

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩, 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐫𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫? 𝐒𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐮𝐩." Kurama says which Naruto finally understood why he warned him about the puddle of water.

'Your a life saver Kurama, thanks!' Naruto says, As he cautiously inserts his hand inside the little kunai pouch that is attached to his right leg,

Kakashi Noticed the fake puddle as they approached it slowly, as did Kushina and Naruko. Kakashi then casts a slight glance at Naruto, who appears to be examining the puddle and putting his right hand in his kunai pouch, as if he was getting ready for an ambush. He wondered if Naruto was secretly a sensor or something. He quickly pushed those thoughts aside and returns his focus on the puddle.

The puddle stirred as the group passed it and a head poked out. Seeing that the group ignored the puddle, two Ninjas jumped out of the water and threw both of their poison-tinted chained weapons, successfully capturing Kakashi in the process.