"We know. All of us are. Stop bitching."

Lola doesn't hesitate to attack the Tevin by throwing a punch. It's too bad she doesn't have Ash's knife anymore. She is much slower than the last round. He catches her punch easily. "This is the time to turn back," Tevin warns, losing his patience.

Lola ignores him and tries to use her free hand to punch him, but he blocks it and knees her in the stomach. She grunts and falls to the ground, folding, trying not to cry. Maddie covers her mouth to stop her from laughing. I glance up at the cliff. Jaymie, Drea, and Ramen are spectating.

I think they love the drama Lola produces and love her getting tortured. I shrug my shoulders with a smile. Just another day of Lola being a catatonic bitch.

"They all need a cleansing," Drea comments loudly. Hint. Hint. Hint. Maybe. They may pull an ethnic cleansing on us. We never know. 'Genocide on all the murderers in the world,' they might say. Okay, I need to stop. I'm going too far. Honestly, when do I never go too far?

"Bring their unwanted nature out of the house," Jaymie adds. Everyone shuts up when she speaks. It's usually Drea. Drea does look irritated when a few contestants are whispering while she's talking, and they stop once Jaymie speaks. The crown went to someone else. It must be from two rounds ago, with Jaymie being the enemy. Ramen and Drea are just sitting back and being pretty.

I whisper to Marina, "I don't know if I am being too interpretive or they are becoming predictable, but they are sending us to a house to cleanse. They are trying to speak in algebra here."

"Yes," Marina nods. "They either do that or say the task right up front."

Marina is great for spoilers.

In a long blink, we emerge in the front yard of a 1500s mansion. It looks more like a brick castle than anything. We are past the spiked, rusty, tall iron gates, firmly trespassing. It is night with a harvest moon, giving a glow.

"Today, as of now, we are ordained priests," I tease loudly, causing a chuckle.

The amused spirit fleets as soon we step into the mansion. It's dusty and dark. The furniture is still here. There is heaviness pressing down on my head, neck, and chest. Everyone feels it by their panting. It is hard to breathe. I feel I am about to fall over. Some of the contestants put their hands on their knees.

"We should get this as soon as possible," I say breathlessly. "Everyone must split up but never go alone."

"That's one way for a demon to kill us off," a girl contestant says with an eye roll. Her arms folded.

"We must map and get out as fast as possible before it kills us. The longer we stay, the stronger it becomes," I retort.

"Fine, Miss Exorcist," the girl spits before heading up the stairs along with others.

"Where should we go?" Laura asks me.

I laugh nervously. "There might be some juice in the basement. I want you and Maddie to go down there. If you are scared, find a knife in the kitchen."

Laura says nothing, but Maddie says, "We will probably just do that."

"Report if you find something vital, like some cult, summoning, or ritual areas. If not, come back to me."

"I will stay by Jacelyn," Tevin informs.

"What about me, Jacelyn?" Lola sweetly asks.

How about you go into the attic–if there is one–go to a window, and let the ghost push you out? I thought. I pretend to think hard, taking a moment. "How about you explore the past, the remnants of the family who lives here?" I suggest. "A backstory can contribute to a ghost investigation and exorcism."