Chapter Thirteen

XIII: The Tale's Territory

Jacelyn

The thirty-minute break started off being indecent by losing my mouth. So unfair! I wasn't lying, and they know that Lola is a crook. Ramen waves his hand, and bathrooms appear. I don't have to go. Maddie and Laura are keeping me company. Well, talking to each other, leaving me out. My God, this feels like the times when my friends ignored my presence. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for me being an attention-craze rocky road. Marina didn't hesitate to go to the women's restroom. Lola screwed off, probably trying to lick a stalagmite like it's a popsicle.

Maddie turns toward me and does hand signals that I can't muster. I have my eyes, nose, body, and eyebrows to express my language visually. I tilt my head and raise my brows, acting like a puppy dog wondering what my owner is saying because they are not saying 'treat.'

"She is speaking sign language, Jacelyn," Laura explains. "Want me to translate for you?"

I nod. I don't want to assume Maddie is trying to use a Naruto power move, or sibling code, or telling me that Drea, Jaymie, and Ramen put snakes in the toilet.

Laura looks at Maddie. Maddie makes weird hand motions again while Laura says, "Have you seen Marina? She has been gone for a while."

I shrug my shoulders; that's my translation for, I don't know.

Maddie signs again. Laura translates, "Why did Ramen remove your mouth when Lola is lying constantly?"

I raise my wrists, hands, and shoulders into the air. I then try to make the signs on what they mean. I am trying to say that they maybe want to doom herself by gesturing where Lola went before wrapping my right arm around itself with a small hole and the other hand diving into it.

"Girl, you called Lola hydrocolonic," Maddie deadpans, sounding very serious. Laura looks at her oddly. Is she joking?

That sounds about right.

Maddie turns to Laura and asks, "What? Even that method won't get rid of the shit inside herself?"

"The poop metastasized out of the colon and into Lola's brain," Laura goes calmly, almost sounding like a doctor.

"How does that happen?"

"Lola's lies and crap get so saturated, yet she swallows her fecal vomit to hold the crap within her. As a result, poop leaks out of her intestines and leaks into the bloodstream. It's called pooemia– poo meaning feces, emia meaning presence in blood–"

"Okay there, Chubbyemu, calm down. You might be telling what will happen if Jacelyn's colon fails, and the only way out is up, but she doesn't have a mouth–"

I pale while my mind goes into that situation. I will be in pain because my colon has stopped working. Then, the horrible feeling of me trying to vomit fecal matter, yet I have no mouth, so the only way out is through the nose, my shit tears open a new mouth, or I need to swallow it back down. Yuck! Yuck! Yuuuccckk!

"--that is the grossest shit that you ever said, Laura!" Maddie comments.

"I know," Laura squeaks out.

That is the darkest thing I ever heard coming out of Laura. These trials are bringing the worst out of us. I bet other people who heard her got sick to their stomachs too.

"Nah, I find that interesting." All three of us gulp. Hard. We tense up, and our eyes widen in fear as we turn to find Jaymie standing near us, looking down at us. The contestants nearby us look at us in complete fear. They don't know her, but she and her buddies are torturing us so much that it is not funny.