Chapter Eleven

Chapter XL: Crime Scene Cleaning

Jacelyn

Laura, Maddie, and I leave that little fire crotch traitor to sulk on the ground. She is not going to think what she has done. She tarnished her reputation as a good little flipping cheerleader to an entitled killing slit. I'm starting to believe that we are in what the council has created to torture us all. We don't know where to go, but I am heading straight to Marina.

I stare at Maddie's chopped hand, which is covered by Laura's blue coat. It is only a matter of time. "How's your hand?" I ask, knowing that it won't be good.

"It hurts," Maddie answers as she winces before composing herself, "but I can't cry about it."

Laura sets her hand on Maddie's shoulder. "We will try to find medical supplies in one of the rounds, Maddie," she reassures.

"You're too kind, Laura, even after what I did..." Maddie says with guilt.

She is, my mind hums. I harass the kind-hearted too much. Lola too.

Are you also talkin' about Ash?

Sh-Shh-Shhh. Shut it! I have no clue what you are talking about, head, but we barely know Ash. I only 'know' her by my persona of her, which fumbled her up.

"Trust me, I'm mad. I will probably make fun of you about it later."

"Maddie X Laura," I tease. Laura gives me a freaked-out look, and Maddie wants to flip me off with her phantom hand. Her other hand is putting pressure on her wound.

Laura comments, "Sorry, it is just between us two, Jacelyn. I am not into Maddie like that."

I pause for a moment and look up at Jaymie. She is talking to her family. Maddie and Laura stop walking too.

Maddie urges, "Don't concentrate on her too much. She is lovin' that our group is separating."

I opine with my head lowered, giving Maddie the side-eye, "I also believe that Jaymie was too merciful against Lola for lying."

"So, killing Destiny and chopping my hand is too merciful?" Maddie retorts, not happy with my comments.

I pause before massaging my eyelids. "I should've rephrased that, sorry." I relax my hand off my eyes. "What I meant to say was that Jaymie was licking Lola's blood. Shouldn't she force-feed Lola with Maddie's hand?"

Their mouths drop to the floor with the sound of a Minecraft anvil. "Oh...my...God. ...Jacelyn!" Laura says, baffled. "There was vomit and Destiny's boiling bodily fluids all over the ground!"

"Secret sauce," I say, trying not to smirk. Imagining Jaymie dipping Maddie's severed hand into the fluids on the cave floor, only demanding her to eat it while Lola is screaming and crying makes me feel so satisfied.

"You've killed your friends," Jaymie sneers at the whimpering Lola as she pushes Maddie's hand against her mouth. The secret sauce covers her mouth like spices from chicken wings, but the smell is revolting. Her hands being restrained prevents her from swiping it away. "You also hurt your friends. Friends are not meant to hurt friends and put them in fear. Laura feared being betrayed by her friends if she stood up for Ash, while on the other hand, YOU BETRAYED them. You deserved to be haunted, be possessed by them! At least the most useful thing that you can do is to start this ritualistic process by ingesting them!"

The vision of it is making me smile more.

Laura covers her mouth, trying not to gag while Maddie looks at me as if she sees a dancing lemur behind me. She removes her hand from her mouth. "Don't give her any ideas!" Laura yells at me.