Chapter Twelve

XII: What It Feels Like In Hell

Lola

In the last round, players ran around when the monster farmer struck someone while I watched from a tree. I thought no one would complete the game, but my friend group managed to sneak inside the house and get the damn job done. They have done the job without me, without anyone else being killed. What the fuck? Laura is too pussy to do it alone, Jacelyn is the blah-blah bitch, and Maddie needs a hand (No Pun Intended); I bet they were relying on Marina. Without Marina, they wouldn't have made it. I watch the players walk up to the group and can't help but do the same as well. I notice Maddie's hand is wrapped up in duct tape and has stopped bleeding. So, they had time to fix Maddie's hand and find the body? I'm amazed.

A black player tells them, "Thank you for doing the task. That is payment for helping you defeat those clowns near you earlier." Laura turns red in humiliation while Maddie, Jacelyn, and Marina are as calm as possible.

"Don't mention it," Laura replies. "We should have each other's backs."

I brush past the man and scoot next to Laura. I add, "Yeah, we are a good team!"

Jacelyn, Maddie, and Laura give me surprised and disgusted looks. The man notices and asks, "Who is this harlot?"

Harlot?! Excuse me? Harlot?! "Who do you think you are talking to?" I argue, offended.

He ignores me and looks back at the girls. "Does she belong to you?"

"We don't claim her," Maddie replies dryly, giving me side-eye. I blink twice. After being together with them for long, they fucking betray me over a mistake.

"B-But, we are friends, Mad!" I whine, throwing my hands up.

"Not anymore."

"What did this harlot do?" The guy asks.

Jacelyn goes, "We got a girl who thinks she's the bitch, but she butchers her friends like pigs. She is also the killer clown full of tricks. She is not a witch because witches have bitches, and she is more disappointing than chicken-little-shits." She speaks in a semi-poetic tone, giving a cheeky smile. "In actual explanation, Tevin, Lola made my boyfriend cheat on me and also lie to Jaymie up here, costing Maddie her hand and Destiny's life. Should I also go back to the circus round? She tripped Heather and got her killed– on purpose."

"It was an accident!" I fuss, getting more upset. "Jaymie is full of shit!"

Jacelyn looks at the cliff to see Jaymie, Dreantula, and Handsy-dude watching. Jaymie stares in our direction, but she doesn't say anything. Good, you heard it. Jacelyn looks back at me and clears her throat before scoffing, "When will you stop blaming everyone else?"

"Do you have any evidence to back that up, Jace? I'm not blaming anyone else!" I retort, putting my hands on my hips.

"Jaymie knew about my issues, along with Laura's. She also knew it was us being exclusively bad to Ash," Maddie interjects. "Do you think she would lie to you?"

"Do you think these trials of torment fair as our punishment?" I snap.

"Yes," Jacelyn nods in guilt. Then, her face turns cold, "especially you."

"Really?!" I charge at her, getting ready to smack, but Tevin goes in front of me much faster. He firmly grips my shoulders as I hit his chest. I can hear him grunt and cringe a bit. "Get your hands off me, black boy!" I yell before he shoves me to the ground. I have been on this ground twice now. First is when Jacelyn tackled me and beat me up. Second, him.