Chapter Eight

VIII: Mile Down Tragedy Lane

Original Chapter Name: Fitness Gram Pacer Test- 1 Mile

Lola

Even after two rounds of the Bully Trials, my friends and I are already hugging each other. I expected my friends to die in the later rounds, especially Heather, Maddie, and I. Jacelyn, Laura, and Destiny on the other hand, will die very soon. Heather was taken from us too quick. When we tried to find a hiding spot when chaos rose, she tripped, and the clown detected her. My mind is already trying to block the memories, yet everything is somehow unredacted.

Maddie glanced around, this was a few moments before the clowns were revealed to be monsters. She was unsure. There were not enough hiding places; we could've hidden in the launch room of the rides or in one of the larger tents, but all tents were sealed shut. We would never know we had walked into a death trap until too late. The rides could attract the enemy in the round, which we later found out the clowns didn't go near the rides since the guests were primarily focused on getting rides, not some weird red robot clown.

"I don't know where to go," Maddie whispered in defeat, still trying to look around as if a magical hiding place would appear. "We can't be hangin' out in the open like this."

"It's either hanging by the rides or tents, Maddie," I replied, maybe a little aggressively, "pick it or leave it."

"There are not enough hiding spots like they had in the slaughterhouse," Heather mentioned, unnerved. She looked paler than usual. I mean, we all went through players getting skinned alive for their meats in a deranged industry. We just escaped that madness, and we hopped in another.

"Better than the idiots behind us," I said while pointing behind me. Jacelyn, Destiny, and Laura were staying behind with that Russian b.

Then, the scenario when a clown snatched a meh-looking player off the fairgrounds and into one of their tents. Her screams alerted everyone. I winced back at Maddie, gesturing that she must decide now or else we're fucked. She didn't think too long because a robotic clown gaped toward us with that same smile. All three of us backed away from him, and he kept approaching and approaching. I was so concentrated on getting away from the clown that my left foot was still out, and Heather's foot collided with me. She yelped and tripped. By the time she fell, the clown grabbed her hand.

"Congratulations child, you were awarded with a free makeover!" He beamed with delight, unable to believe that what he was doing was totally wrong.

"Heather!" Maddie and I shrieked in unison.

Heather got up and tried to pull away. She was crying in fear. I grabbed her other hand, and so did Maddie. We pulled and pulled, hoping that we would rip the clown's arm off. He was a deranged AI that his strength outmatched ours. I heard Jacelyn and Laura crying, but they didn't fucking try to run and join us.

The clown paused, turned to Heather, and said, "Don't be afraid. The makeovers are fun! You'll love it!" He pulled with more strength, so much so that I plummeted to the ground. My sudden dip in Heather's hand caused Maddie to fall down. Her face planted into the dirt. Her hand jerked away from Heather's hand out of subconscious action trying to lift her face off the ground. Heather shrieked louder than a child screaming for their parents for help. To avoid my face dragged into the tent, I let go. I may have let go of my friend, but I didn't want to die. Her screams kicked up higher before she went into the tent. I could hear her sounds of distress for a short while until she fell silent.

She was one of the few victims that the makeover killed her. They didn't use normal makeup; they used bodily mutilation. Heather stumbled her way out of the tent without the clown leaving. Her face was stained white by boiling liquid that bleached her face whiter than a pale corpse. I can see this hot paint still boiling on her skin like lava with trapped air bubbles. Blood oozed from her throat as I saw wires going upwards to light the golden stars attached to her face. The clown must've thought wires couldn't be shown, so he shoved it inside her by cutting her throat. Did he shove the stars up her throat to make them, cut her face open to hang them up, then clean them off to hide the damage he had done to her? What the absolute fuck? What timeline was this– a timeline obsessed with wires over everything, including inside a person's body?! In my time, these stars could be lit up by a button or a press while sticking to the skin. The wires came out of her neck and hid more by her black flannel. To add darkness to this colorful makeover, the clown was insane enough to purge her eyes and replace them with stars. The darkened sockets make the stars glow brighter than the ones on her. I didn't even want to know what he would use to paint her face black or something.