Her heart rate was well into the triple digits by now. The mixture of anger and fear caused it to race. 

She nodded, but Negan wasn't sufficed by the silent agreement. "I need to hear you agree."

"Yes, I-" JJ breathed, "I understand."

♮♮♮
[JJ]

I was sick to my stomach as we drove to Alexandria. I rode in between Negan and the driver. It reminded me of a much better time when Rick, Daryl and I had gone out in search of Sorghum, but somehow ended up where we are now.

We pulled up to the gate and Negan waltzed up with his bat, banging it against the metal. "Little pig, little pig! Let me in!"

Spencer opened the gate, standing there confused, he asked, "Who are you?" 

"Oh, you better be jokin'. Negan, Lucille." He introduced. "I know I had to make a pretty strong first impression."

By then, my brother had walked out to meet Negan at the gate. I felt comfort seeing him. Even if the toughest of times, he always made me feel like everything was gonna be okay. 

Negan smiled, "well, hello there." His smile fell once he realized my brother wasn't opening the gate, "Do not make me have to ask."

Rick gave in. "You said a week. You're early."

"I missed you. Oh, Rick," Negan spotted a walker that had snuck through the trucks. "I'm calling it!" He took out the walker with one swing. "Easy peasy lemon squeezy! All right, everybody, let's get started. Big day."

I was standing diagonal to Negan to where I couldn't see Daryl. 

When Rick's eyes met mine, I immediately looked away. Every ounce of dignity I had, had been stripped away in a matter of days. I didn't want to look at him. Not like this. 

"Hey, Rick, you see that, what I just did? That is some service! I mean, we almost get turned away at the gate. Who is that guy anyway? Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit? Do I bash some ginger's dome in? Nope! I just take care of one of these dead pricks that could've killed one of y'all. Service." He walked into the streets of Alexandria, handing Lucille to Rick. "Hold this."

"Hot diggity dog! This place is magnificent!" Negan exclaimed. "An embarrassment of riches, as they say. Yes, sir, I do believe you are gonna have plenty to offer up."

Negan's men had moved in, bringing Daryl in my line of view. I kept my head down but eased my eyes up to get a good glance at him. It looked like he'd been through hell, but they hadn't killed him. 

Rick tried to get close to him, "Daryl, hey-" But Negan was quick to put an end to the conversation. 

"No. Nope. He's the help. You don't look at him, you don't talk to him, and I don't make you chop anything off of him...Same goes for everyone." He drifted to Rosita's path. "Right?" He smiled as she angrily moved out of his range. "And it's not just you guys. Actually, right before we came, I told JJ the exact same thing, or, I should say, my fiancé now."

Rick's mouth slightly opened, not sure if he should question it or not. His eyes- they were narrow. Filled with confusion, but rage at the same time. 

Negan leaned back to me, "See, told you his face wouldn't be something you'd wanna miss out on."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how your super-hot sister is about to be my super-hot wife." Negan raised his voice, "All right, enough of the chit-chat, let's get this show on the road. See what kind of goodies you got in the cupboard."