[13] sick

free bird --- lynyrd skynyrd

♮♮♮

[JJ]

Daryl slowly neared them, having his crossbow at the ready, "who the hell are you?"

One of them repeated, "who the hell are you?"

"He's bleeding out. We have to go back." Rick alerted, "come around here. Put pressure on the knee."

I backed away so Maggie could take over and raised my gun to the prisoners. "Why don't you come on out of there? Slow and steady." Daryl told the prisoners. 

"What happened to him?" One of them cautiously asked. 

"He got bit." Daryl answered. 

The prisoner pulled a gun from his waist band, "bit?"

T-Dog and I both steadied on him.

"Easy now." Daryl warned as the prisoner bounced between aiming at the three of us. "Nobody needs to get hurt."

Glenn walked right through the middle of all of us to the kitchen area, "you got medical supplies?"

"Whoa, where do you think you're going?" The largest prisoner asked with a pipe in hand. 

"Who the hell are you people, anyway?" The one with the gun questioned. 

"Don't look like no rescue team." The smallest one with the mustache commented. 

"If a rescue team s what you're waiting for, don't." Rick snapped at them. "Come on, we gotta go." They placed Hershel on a cart so they could rush back. "T, the door."

I kept my gun steadied on the prisoners as I walked to the door. Daryl and T-Dog did the same, eventually following suit. 

Daryl led the way as we followed the arrows back to our cellblock. I brought up the rear, hearing what I thought was the prisoners behind us. "Guys, hurry."

"Open the door!" Rick yelled to Carl. "It's Hershel! Get him on the bed. He got bit."

"Oh, my God. He's gonna turned." Beth freaked. 

Carol and Lori stepped in, "maybe you got it in time."

All I could think about were the prisoners following, so I went back out to the area before our cellblock and waited. Eventually, the one with the gun, who I assumed their leader, stepped in first. 

"That's far enough." I held my gun still. 

"Cell block C, cell 4- that's mine, Chica." He told me. "Let me in."

"Today's your lucky day, fellas. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free to go." Daryl walked up behind with his crossbow held up to the prisoners. 

"What you got going on in there?"

"None of your concern." I glared. 

He took a threatening step closer, but so did Daryl, "don't be telling me what's my concern."

"Chill man, dude's leg is mess up." The bigger prisoner told the leader. "Besides, we're free now. Why are we still in here?"

"Man's got a point." Daryl mumbled. 

"Yeah, and I gotta check on my old lady." One of the other, calmer, prisoners asked. 

The ringleader didn't back down, "a group of civilians breaking into a prison you got no business being in- got me thinking there ain't no place for us to go."