[42] try

call me --- blondie

♮♮♮
[JJ]

The next days were good. Really good. I truly never thought I'd enjoy waking up next to someone almost every day, let alone Daryl freaking Dixon. The same Daryl Dixon who'd called me a fourteenth street hooker. I shocked myself to be honest. I mean, we had gone from extremely disliking each other to friends to sharing a bed. 

It was the morning that Daryl had to leave to go out recruiting with Aaron, and I wasn't sure when he would come back. 

I was first to wake up, surprisingly. I studied his features, the one's I'd never had noticed before. I observed his tattoos, something I had noticed before, but could never make out the whole picture. 

I also noticed his scars, a part of him I hadn't seen before. A part of me wanted to ask, but I wasn't going to. I had them too, and it wasn't my favorite conversation topic.

Before he woke up, I kept thinking about how we got here. How we got to this moment. Again, he called me a fourteenth street hooker. 

"You're up?" Daryl woke up, noticing my attentiveness to him. 

I let my intrusive thoughts win. Instead of saying a typical good morning like a normal person would have, I started the morning off with, "I can't believe you called me a fourteenth street hooker."

"Mornin' to you too." His voice was gruff. "But I'm pretty sure you called me feral."

"Touche." I shrugged, laying my head back down on the pillow. 

Daryl brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear, "what's on your mind?"

"You sure you have to go? It's not like this is a paying job."

He smirked, "you could come with."

I sighed, "I should probably stay."

"You ain't got a job yet."

"Which I should probably talk to Deanna about." I moved from my side to my back, putting a hand on my head, stressed just thinking about it. 

"Nah. Don't stress about that shit." He sat up, leaning over me, "Just tell her you wanna be out there with me."

"And Aaron?"

"We could split off from him." He leaned in closer. 

"Mhm." I smiled, sweetly. "But you see, going would require getting up and getting dressed, and it's just too early for that."

Daryl scoffed, eventually getting up and getting dressed himself. 

"Shouldn't be out there too long." 

"Wait." I got up, standing between him and the door, snaking my arms around his neck and kissing him. 

"Want me to come find you after?"

"You better. I'd be pissed if you didn't."

Daryl shook his head, going for the door handle. "Hold up. Let me check for Rick first." I looked out into the hallway. "Okay. Coast is clear."

He scoffed, smirking. 

"What?" 

"You. Why are you freakin' out over tellin' your brother?"

I shrugged. "Probably because his last best friend that I had a crush on didn't end so well."

"You know I'd never do that shit." Daryl quickly became serious. 

"I know." I assured, "and so does Rick, but I'd rather him warm up to the idea of us being together than you strollin' out of my bedroom in the morning like a late-night booty call."