[54] twice as far

cold as ice --- foreigner

♮♮♮
[POV]

JJ hadn't been sleeping well. Not that a good night's rest during the apocalypse was common, but recently, it'd seemed that things had been one after the other. No breaks, just war. 

For someone who loved sleeping in, she had been waking up awfully early every morning to go on a run around Alexandria. She would put on her thin headphones and jog the perimeter. It gave her peace. 

The walkers outside of the fence didn't faze her if she couldn't hear them. 

On her way back to her house, Denise flagged her down as she passed the infirmary. 

"JJ, hey." Denise greeted as JJ put her headphones around her neck, allowing the music to continue to lightly play. 

"Denise." JJ smiled back. "What's up?" 

"I have an idea, but I really need to talk to you about it first."

JJ stepped up onto the porch. "Okay...?"

Denise was quiet. 

"Well, are you gonna tell me...or am I just supposed to guess?"

"Oh," Denise realized, "I'm waiting on Rosita too. We have training today."

From around the corner, Rosita and Spencer were finishing their conversation, which JJ took interest in listening in. 

"We'll do dinner." Rosita told Spencer. "Okay?"

"All right. See you then." Spencer walked off as Rosita came into sight of JJ and Denise. 

"I didn't hear you guys." Denise told her, trying to diffuse the awkwardness. 

JJ snickered, "yeah, but I did."

Rosita scratched the back of her head. "Um, today's lesson will be in the cul-de-sac, Denise."

"Actually, can we do something else? I was hoping you, JJ and Daryl might help me out with something."

 ♮♮♮

"After I got out of DC, I just drove." Denise now had Daryl, Rosita and JJ listening to her idea. "I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really and apothecary," she nodded, adding emphasis, "they had drugs."

"How do you know they still got 'em?" Daryl questioned. 

"It isn't that far. I just wanna check. And you, Rosita and JJ aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts."

Daryl agreed to it, "we'll go."

"I wanted to check. I just wanted to help."

"How much time you spend out there?" 

"None." 

"Forget it." Daryl shook his head. 

Denise argued, "I can ID the meds. I know how to use a machete now. I've seen roamers up close. I'm ready."

He looked to JJ and Rosita. "You two good with this?" 

Rosita answered, "no."

"I'll go alone if I have to."

"You'll die alone."

"I'm asking you to make sure I don't."

JJ scoffed noticing Daryl's glance, "we're not babysitting her by ourselves."