isabella felt anger inside of her as she stood up once the dragon flew away. somehow, isabella still had the bucket of water and she dragged him into the great hall where gaius and everyone else was getting treated.

"you shouldn't have done that." he told her in annoyance as she helped clean up his wound.

"the people needed water." she responded, ignoring his gaze on her and inspected the wound.

he held onto her hand which was cleaning the wound again and stared at her with a small smile, which she returned. "you're so good to them." he acknowledged, and she shrugged, getting a bandage.

"one day they will be my people too. if i want to earn their respect, i might as well risk my life for them a few times. there is more to respect than just taking daily walks through the town." she said with a teasing smile, cleaning the wound a bit more before wrapping the bandage around his chest as he winced.

"i'm sorry. it appears you haven't had a moment since coming to camelot. we are always being threatened by something." he apologised, looking down at her with a guilty expression.

isabella shook her head and held onto his hand. "it's quite alright. i find it rather exciting." she said simply, making him burst out into laughter.

"of course you do, love." he chuckled to himself, her joining in, attempting to ignore the nickname which made her blush.

"sire, your grace." sir leon rushed over as they both glanced at him in worry.

"the dragon has left. i am assuming he will be back tomorrow night, but for now, he is gone." he reassured as isabella smiled at him, and arthur nodded.

"thank you, sir leon." she told him, before turning back to arthur. "you need to rest. if you're going to fight for our kingdom again tomorrow you'll need sleep."

arthur's eyes lit up, a slightly cocky grin on his face. "i like the sound of that." he replied, looking into her eyes as she frowned.

"what?"

"our kingdom." he repeated. isabella rolled her eyes and shook her head, but couldn't help the small smile on her face.

"go to bed, arthur." she waved him away.

ARTHUR PENDRAGON explained to his father, the knights, merlin, isabella and gaius about the damage of camelot and its people. "the dead number forty nine men, twenty seven women, a further eighteen women and children are unaccounted for."

isabella looked down, sighing into her hand as she thought about those poor children. "most of last night's fires are now out. the castle walls, in particular the western section, are near to collapse. i could go on." arthur told his father who sighed.

"do we have any further idea on how the beast escaped?" the king asked his son and the knights who sighed.

"i regret to say, sire, we don't." sir leon spoke up with a saddened expression on his face.

isabella met merlin's gaze who sent her an apologetic look. she shook her head with a small smile.

"there must be some way to rid ourselves of this aberration." the king spoke, looking out the window.