Chapter 17 - Curtail

Start from the beginning

She scoffed and climbed to a stand. "Hold up, I wanted to work on your head." He snarled at her words. "You have all that exposed wiring, just let me cover it at least." 

Megatron was swift to knock her sweaty form into his new and improved palm, his claws bigger and better than before, truly dwarfing her puny form (as if he hadn't already). "I'd advise your upmost watch." He threatened. 

Lauren set her torch aside in his palm. "Have I ever not been gentle?" She quipped, assessing the damage at hand. He did not move to respond, settling for a low growl instead as her small hands touched his metals with evident attentiveness. Stooping, Lauren carefully placed her hand along the underside of his jaw. "Look at me." 

To his own surprise, he obliged and followed her movement to stare at her smallness. His optics settled on her with a growing familiar ease, the sun's blaze backlit her and made her flesh gleam with moisture, the scent of sodium carried on the breeze every time it brushed past. She didn't meet his optics as she continued to look upon his helm, angling him to be level with her sight. He noted in that moment, that she was the closest she'd ever been to his faceplate. A mere foot away, if not less. Ruby optics studied the way her torso curved and how her neck elongated when she attempted to better reach for what she was looking at. It was odd and new to him in the sense that he looked upon her without disgust, but also foreign in the way his spark pushed up against his plating warmly. He surely was not like that with any other species, let alone homo sapiens. He had no words- Cybertronian or English- to describe his thoughts or the way his spark jumped with pleasure. The unknown sensation made him want to growl out a roar and leave the situation all together, but he'd refrain reluctantly.

He wouldn't run if he could help it and himself.  

The brunette pulled back and he felt like the sensation of her hands had been stolen away from him, he grumbled unbeknownst to himself. "Could you find me a small piece?" 

He did so quickly and handed the sliver to her. "This may feel uh- not great, just let me know if I'm hurting you. Cool? Cool." She was gentle both in the welding of the metal and the way she took her time in bending it to fit his helm. It wouldn't be perfect, but if she was doing her best then he guessed it would do. Something was better than nothing. 

Truth be told, the sensation was not comfortable, but by no means did it hurt. His optics surveyed the way she moved and her abut proximity, his claws flexed in on her subtly as if to cage her closer. The memory he'd glimpsed the previous joor floated to the forefront of his processor and he hummed to himself as he gazed upon her face. It was no doubt that she shared her sire's phenotypes and a small part of him felt possessive of that fact, like her sire had no right to share her appearance in his absence. 

Her torch hit a wire suddenly and ripped him from his thoughts with a deep chassis growl of warning. 

"Sorry, sorry." Lauren was quick to right herself and continue her work with caution, her shoulders pulled terse. 

Some time passed between the two in relative silence before Megatron caught sight of Soundwave's approaching form. The officer dipped his helm in a quick nod and Megatron knowingly climbed to his feet, jostling Lauren before depositing her to the sand. "You are finished for this joor, girl." 

Lauren climbed to her feet with a curse as she watched his hulking form stalk off. She scowled and snatched the mask from her face. "You're welcome!" The brunette smack sand off herself. "Asshole." With a huff, she made way under the canopy to stash her tools for the day as well as general tidying to occupy herself and avoid banishing herself back to the cave. 

Dialing down the music volume, she hummed along lazily to the lyrics as she sorted through her handheld tools; wrenches sorted by size and the like. Megatron and Soundwave were no longer visible from her stance and she half wondered what the whole ordeal was about, but ultimately brushed in off in favor of her task at hand.