|Chapter Twenty-Five|

"Don't go into work today," Noah begs, tightening his hold on me. "You have had too much going on, you need rest."

"I have to go undo everything that Lilith did yesterday, I have to apologize to Allison," I tell him, but I don't make a move to get up. His warmth was all around me, his earthy musk clouding my faculties.

"I'll just make her forget the next time you go in, let me make you feel good," Noah says, running his teeth against the column of my neck. Goosebumps prickle my skin and a shiver skates down my spine.

"Noah," I whine, but my nipples are rubbing against his chest through my thin shirt and I am already wet. "I think if I stay home, I'm still won't be getting any rest."

"Angel," Noah mocks, his hands roving over my flesh, and I press myself closer to him. He was going to be the death of me.

"I really have to get up," I tell him and he reluctantly let's me leave the safety of his arms.

"If you must," he says, watching me gather my things and disappear into the bathroom. Noah hops up on the counter, I turn and stare at him. "What?"

"You're just going to sit there and watch me?"

"You didn't invite me in," he shrugs.

I shake my head at him, incredulously. I turn on the water in the shower and try to ignore Noah watching me. He doesn't make anything easy for me, I think to myself as I strip out of my pajamas. I feel Noah's eyes on me the whole time I'm in the shower, but I can't bring myself to look at him, if I do I won't make it into work. And I had to make things right with Allison.

Noah holds out my towel to me when I turn off the water, his eyes never wavering from mine. I dry off and blow dry my hair, I sweep mascara over my eyelashes while Noah watches me the whole time. I think about how different he treats me now than he did in the beginning, remembering the car that hit me when I was out for a run.

I get dressed and when I'm done, Noah hands me a coffee, black with a splash of almond milk and a bit of syrup. Just how I like it.

"How do you feel, angel?"

"I don't feel Lilith if that's what you mean," I tell him taking a sip of the hot coffee.

Noah looks thoughtful as he mulls over what I said, I grab my bag and I'm ready to walk out of my apartment. We walk in silence to work, and he watches outside while I pick up donuts for the office. Since Lilith was a bitch to everyone in my fucking office.

"Donuts!" I call out to the office and several people beeline to the breakroom. I don't see Allison or Briana.

I take one of the office and I find Briana in her office, she looks up from her computer when I stick my head in, but her face falls.

"Yesterday was pushy and awkward and I'm sorry," I tell her, "I do want us to be able to work together in peace."

I offer her a donut and she takes one, placing it on her desk.

"No, you're right, things are tense between us and I've been competing with you unconsciously since I got here. I don't want to do it anymore, I'm sorry for my part in the tension and I would love to move passed this," she says, giving me her full attention and I think this is the most we've spoken to each other and it's... nice.

I don't want to push it so I nod at her and go find Allison. She doesn't look up when I offer her the donuts.

"What the fuck, Marlow?"

"I know, I'm sorry. I wasn't feeling like myself yesterday, please forgive me."

"Is that how you really feel?"