CHAPTER NINETEEN: Going Home

Peter woke up to his alarm going off that was on his phone as well as the one next to his bed that was set to make sure to make him wake up. It was Saturday morning and May was coming home from her business trip. Her flight had been delayed the previous evening due to bad weather and now Happy had left early that morning to get his beloved Aunt from the airport and bring her back to the tower. He reached over and hit the alarm, hearing the low-pitch noise cease, however the AC DC song from his phone that was set on his dresser was continuing to blare loudly. He groaned and threw off his covers and stepped out of his bed. He sleepily trudged over to the dresser, pushing his wavy locks out of his face as he scrubbed the sleep crusties out of his eyes so he could see properly. He finally managed to grab his phone and turn it off it was way too early to wake up on a Saturday. He grabbed his duffle bag out of his closet and tossed it over to his bed before he grabbed a pair of khaki pants and a t-shirt off of his dresser. Moments later, he came out of his bathroom, his usually wavy locks were straight at the moment with curly ends due to the water from his shower. He grabbed his phone charger and tossed in the bag, before moving his attention to the three days worth of clothes that he'd brought from home. He grabbed the three t-shirts, the flannels and pairs of jean's he'd brought with him and stuffed them neatly into the bag. He walked over to his wardrobe and fingered through the different options for his suit before settling on the first one Mister Stark had made for him. He knew that the billionaire hated it because it wasn't rip, tear, or bullet proof, even though he had Karen in it, the man felt it wasn't safe enough for the teenager. Personally he found how much Mister Stark worried about him to be a tad annoying; he could handle himself just fine without all the extra things that Tony insisted he needed. His hearing picked up on the small sounds of feet running up to his bedroom door, he stuffed a few pairs of socks into his suit, waiting for the telltale knocks of the four-year-old.

He heard the soft knocks on his door and grinned to himself, already knowing who was outside of his room, "Coming jellybean!" he called as he ran a hand through his damp locks.

The toddler continued knocking, "Petuuur." she called, holding out the last syllable of his name.

He opened the door and looked at her, "Addieeeee," he returned.

She giggled at him, "Good mornin'." she replied.

He picked her up, "Good Morning," he greeted.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, "May come now?' she asked.

He nodded, his curls bobbing up and down at the action, "After breakfast." he replied.

"I get dessed now?" she asked, tugging at the zipper of her footed pajamas.

He set her down on his bed, before kneeling in front of her and gently unzipping her pajamas to her bellybutton. He looked at her, grinning slightly at how her red-tinged locks were sticking out in every direction did he have messy hair like that when he was younger?

"Can you do the rest of it by yourself?" he asked.

She nodded, "Uh huh. I do it Petur." she replied.

He nodded and helped her off of his bed, holding her hand as they walked back to her room. They stopped at her room and he let go of her hand and pushed the door open, quickly flipping the switch on so the room would light up; he heard the night light that was set to be on when her lights were off, click off immediately. "I'll be right here if you need anything jellybean."

She nodded, "Otay Petur." she replied, running into the room and shut the door behind herself.