"I hope so," I walked past him on the ranch.

***

It was nearing evening. Troy and I had a great day together. For the last hour we have been sitting in a room and discussing where we would go if we could. Otto was lying on the bed and I was sitting cross-legged in a chair by the window when Jake knocked on our room.

"Troy, we need to talk."

"Is it something urgent? I'm busy right now," Troy said, rolling over on the bed.

"Yes. Very."

"OK. I'm coming. I'll be right back, Dell."

I nodded and was left alone. Looking at the roses standing in a vase on the windowsill, I smiled, and my heart beat faster. It was as if Troy was really getting better. But I couldn't completely relax next to him, because there's no telling at what point he might lose his mind again. You need to be ready for this...

Returning half an hour later, Troy was clearly in a bad mood.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes. The lock on the armory is broken, several rifles are missing."

"What? But it was supposed to be guarded..."

"Yes, Kevin and Rob. No one knows where they are! While we were walking with you, dick knows what happened!"

"Troy, but we..."

" Dell... I have to be constantly involved in the affairs of the ranch, and I spend time trying to maintain our relationship with you! This multitasking is knocking me down!"

"Troy, but it's not my fault that..."

"Shut up!" Otto interrupted me.

I turned to the window, and in my head flashed "yes, his adequacy did not last long." Suddenly Troy came up to me, as if reading my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, you really have nothing to do with this. I'm just furious."

"What are we going to do?"

"We need to search the houses. And find these two jerks who left the post."

"Where do we start?"

"You stay here. Most likely, discontent will begin because of the searches. It's better to keep a low profile. I'll get the Clarks and your family here. Nick will stay with you. And I brought a gun."

"Do you think it's necessary?"

"Yes. The one who took the rifles is a local resident. And he clearly does not wish us well."

"Troy, be careful."

"Don't worry. Jake and I and the militia will figure it out quickly."

"Troy, where did Aron get the rifle? Have you found out yet?"

"He took it from the warehouse and signed it in the magazine. And he brought her back. The time is indicated there."

"It's quite strange that the guys disappeared somewhere and in general... Maybe it's not a resident of the ranch."

"Jake interviewed the security, no one came in. And how does the uninvited guest know where the warehouse is located and what it is in general?"

"I don't know... We need to sort this out as soon as possible. Can I still help you?"

"I already said. No. You stay here."

Troy came out of our bedroom. I heard the front door slam and turned back to the window. Five minutes later, I saw both Otto's approach the guards at the gate. It was getting dark outside, so the situation seemed to be getting more and more tense. Clark and my family quickly arrived at our house, and Nick and Danny came down from their room. We started discussing what had happened.