chapter 21

[ uhm, hi. yeah this is a very emotional chapter, so yeah that's why i was so late with this. anyways this chapter contains.. yeah you don't wanna know. but still it's a bit disturbing. if you don't like that, leave. enjoy the chapter! ]

UN waited for a brief moment for everyone to leave before they finally closed the doors. They knew that everyone must have had a great time. Everyone was reuniting with people they knew, and the future countries were saying goodbye to each other. A smile appeared on their face as they turned around and turned off the lights before going backstage.

They felt relieved the ceremony officially ended, but at the same time, they just wanted to relive those moments to where they first arrived at the verification place. As they cleaned up the backstage, America knocked on the back door, clearly wanting to be let in. They opened the door in shock.

"America, what do you need? I suppose complaining about-"

"No. It's none of that. I'm just saying, people are still here, and I'm trying to get my states in the car. Can you help me?" America asked, spinning a gold star in his hand.

"Sorry, I can't do that right now. Go ask someone else." UN set their supplies down. "Also, where did you get that from?"

"Texas left it somewhere where I could just grab it easily." America was still spinning it in his hand, not knowing that it could fall soon. "Besides, I already had it before that stupid party thing. Not that big of a-"

America dropped it.

"Deal.. Oh shit."

America kneeled down and picked up the star, which was now broken. "Goddamnit. This was so fucking expensive."

...............................................................................

Texas really did have a good time socializing with everyone. He really didn't think he would be able to be independent anytime soon, and now he is independent, just as the past used to be. However, those times were over now. It was time for him to separate himself from the past he used to have.

Soon enough, everyone else went home, but the now independent countries decided to just hang out with each other for one more day. It seemed like they just couldn't let go of this. Not anymore, anyways.

They literally had no idea where do go. Eventually it was just pitch black out there, only the moon and a few streetlights shedding some light. They just decided to stay outside the building they were nearby, as long as UN wasn't watching them, then it would be a perfectly good night.

"Guys, what are you all still doing here?" UN asked as they walked out the doors.

"Nothing, nothing.. We just wanted to.. hang out for one more day!!" Rikulandia lied, trying to cover up that she had this idea.

"It was her idea." Solaria said quickly.

"Okay, okay Solar.. Shut up, will you?" Rikulandia said, pushing Solaria away.

In UN's eyes, everyone was just trying to act all innocent. However, Rikulandia was the one dealing with all of this. She just wanted the others to bond, not that bad. She knew she wanted Texas to not leave her side or anyone else's anytime soon,

"Whatever, but if someone catches you near here, you're all leaving."

As UN walked away, Rikulandia looked back at the very few cars in the parking lot. She realized that America was still there. She pushed everyone else away towards a road of cars going seriously fast. She turned around and saw no one watching, which was perfect for something that no one could think she'd ever do.

"Poley, do you see anyone?" She asked, trying to find the right time to push Texas into the traffic before him.

"Nope." Everyone else turned around too, but Mimirm looked back.

"Rikusie, what are you-"

Someone got out of a car and ran away.

"Why would you do that?" Saharya shouted to Rikulandia.

Pole ran away in tears. He ran as fast as he could to get America and UN. There was a little blood on his sweater from what just happened. He eventually got to America, trying to get his attention.

"What you want, kid?" He asked, confused about why Pole was crying.

"Texica.. just got.." Pole started to hold back his tears. "I-I don't know how to explain! I have to s-show y-y-you!!" As Pole ran away, America and UN followed behind. As soon as they got there, America started to become worried as he carried Texas out of the road.

"Shit. Why did I let him go this far?" He asked himself, handing him over to UN as an ambulance came. Florida and Australia rushed over to the scene as well.

"Not my best bro.." Florida said, trying not to cry.

"It's okay, Florida. You can just tell the rest of your siblings as soon as we arrive home."

___________ timeskip by iknowyouaresosadrn 😨😭🫡

"Oh, Pole, you got some blood on you." Mimirm pointed out.

"Yeah, I know." As Pole tried to get it off, the ambulance was already gone. All everyone else had to do was wait. Some people thought it was too late. He wasn't already dead, was he?

As they all left the scene, Pole and Mimirm passed by an electric sign by the side of a building. They were curious enough to check it out, until they saw what was on the screen.

It said: "A newly independent country has been sent to the nearby hospital, prior to 9:31 pm local time. Please pray for his future."

"Texica's on that thing?" Mimirm asked himself.

"Wow. That's just.. so dang sad." Pole said before turning around to leave.

"Wait, Poley, wait!!" Mimirm caught up behind him just in time. "We can't just lose hope now, bro. Let's just wait to see what happens, I guess."

As the hours passed, that electric sign turned off, and everyone left. Now it was just a quiet night sky as traffic continued to flow, as it always did. Some were still worried about the recent scene that happened. Others, maybe not so much. No matter who the person was, they still would feel a bit bad.

Rikulandia crossed her fingers as she walked back to an apartment that she recently moved into. As she began decorating, she laughed, clearly not feeling bad for what she has done. She may have killed somebody, but only time would tell.

As she put a decoration somewhere before she went to bed, she said..

"I always hated it there."

1094 words.
_____________________
this.. was a tough one to make. felt
a bit emotional here and there-
anyways at least i hope you enjoyed this one,
even though it's kinda sad.

i will probably get this done in march/april, who knows,
but ill remember to release the next chapter
on vday, cuz why not?

see you guys soon.