chapter 16

"She got a weapon.." Pole whispered to Mimirm, who was trying to stay hidden.
"Someone might die over here.." Mimirm whispered back.

"I will be fine! Don't worry you little asshole!" Rikulandia said nearby, trying desperately to get out of the situation she was in.
"Whatever, girl." Texas picked up the weapon and put in up high where Rikulandia couldn't reach it as he walked away.

"Shit, my guy. Rikusie right there, she's terrible!" Saharya worried as he caught up to Texas. "You could end up staying here for months! I don't think that would happen to you, wouldn't it?"

"Probably not," Texas replied, trying to give a stern look at Rikulandia. "I'm obviously America's son! UN knows me very well."

"Lucky you.." Saharya looked down for a second. "I had a.. let's just say.. hard past. I don't want to talk about it."
"Oh.. okay."

The verification place was pretty chill, honestly. All could've been going perfectly fine, but someone had a plan in mind to just ruin it. At least nothing was going to go wrong for now. Not everyone is really looking forward to seeking their independence, but someone just really wants to leave.

..............................................

D.C. had been trying to get a hold of UN for an extremely long period of time now, but they haven't been successful. It was only a matter of time before they may as well give up on this. They kept trying to get a hold of UN, but unfortunately, something really unexpected happened.

"Sorry, we're busy right now. Please try again later!"

D.C. was slightly frustrated as they turned off their phone. A couple minutes later, Florida came up to them.

"Capi.. when is Tex coming back??" Florida asked, sad.
"He's coming back in a couple weeks." D.C. replied, trying not to tell the truth. "He's just busy right now with something.."
"Oh oki!" He slowly turned around and walked back to D.C. "Wait.. busy with what?"
"I really don't know. He'll be back before you know it."

Florida walked away, his gator slippers making a silly noise.

D.C. continued working on trying to get a hold on UN, but it wouldn't work anyway. It didn't matter to them anymore.

........................................

Every day, everyone always told Texas, "You're going to get used to it!". That's not true, not just yet. The verification process has been a little too soft and complicated for him. UN was always going to do that to him just because he's related to America. He wasn't used to it yet, and he probably never will.

Of course, Pole and Mimirm were always there for him. Maybe he shouldn't have done this. He didn't know that he wasn't going to see the rest of the states as much anymore. However, its not the end yet. Rikulandia had the chance to do something horrible.

_____________ timeskip by lagtrain 🖤💀🚇

"You.. went through that?" Pole asked, worried. "I'm so sorry!"
"Don't be sorry," Texas replied. "I was perfectly fine with it. America can be pretty stupid."
"How were you okay with having that happen to you???" Pole started to become sad. "I mean, some random place had to hold me hostage, but for you, that's even worse!"
"I know.. Harsh, ain't it?"
"Yeah." Pole chuckled a little bit. "You're too silly, in a good way!"

Texas and Pole were starting to become good friends. They just liked to have fun together. However, things would get worse as their friendship became stronger. Rikulandia was always up to something, that's for sure. She would always leave notes around that had lies about Texas on them, saying things like "He doesn't regret his past!" and things like that.

Meanwhile, Mimirm kept spying on Rikulandia, trying not to be seen. The only thing he wanted to do was get Rikulandia out. Every time he tried to tell UN about it, they wouldn't believe him. Even when he tried to take a weapon from her, it would never go as planned. Now it was his chance to stop her from doing anything else.

"Watcha doing my guy?" Saharya asked, walking up to him.
"Dang it. She might have caught me.."
"Sorry bro." Saharya backed away as Rikulandia walked by.

"Mimirm.. are you trying to spy on me?" Rikulandia asked, trying desperately to scare him.
"No.. It's really not what it looks like!" Mimirm confessed, trying not to be too honest.
"Fine, little blue boy." She began to walk away. "Don't be like that again."

She walked into a room and put her weapon away in a box where no one could see it. As soon as she came back, she noticed that Mimirm was gone. She really didn't like that, so she looked out of a window to find him leaving. She rushed outside and went after him

"You little blue boy." She mumbled to herself as she got closer.

"Rikusie? What are you doing here??" Mimirm asked, trying not to show his fear.
"Don't call me that."

Back at the verification place, Pole watched the scene as Rikulandia pulled out a pocket knife and threw it at his brother. Pole grabbed Texas' hand and ran outside as he started to cry.

A couple minutes later, some people arrived with UN and took him away. UN stared at Rikulandia and brought her off to the side. Pole started to become more concerned and started to cry a little bit.

"Mimmy.."
"Look dude, he's outta here. He was gonna be independent in a couple days anyways." The person put Mimirm in an ambulance and drove off as UN followed behind.

..............................................

??/??
"I really don't want to be here. Rikusie is really the worst person I have ever met.
I feel like I want to die from here, but at least I now get to be independent!
Every time I mess up at something, Rikusie will get mad at me for it. I was only there
for three weeks. I miss Texica and my brother Poley very much.."

..........................................................

Mimirm closed his journal and put it on the table near his bed. Someone walked in the room and closed the door.

"Hey man. You okay?" The person asked, kneeling down by the bed.
"Yeah. I miss my brother." Mimirm responded, trying not to cry.
"Hey, it's okay. You wanna know something?"
"Yeah!"
"You're independent now. Congratulations!"

Mimirm stopped being so sad and finally cheered up. He was now independent! He wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to the person just before UN walked in.

"Hey UN, can you tell Texas and Pole that I'm independent?"
"Yes, of course I will at tomorrow's meeting."
"Promise?"

UN wrote down a note to themselves and put it in their pocket as Mimirm waited for a response. He signaled the person to leave and sat down by the bed.

"Promise."

1137 words.
___________________
aww what a chapter this was!
mimirm has some nicknames he calls the
others so yeah- rikulandia is rikusie
texas is texica and pole is poley

also i need to admit something
right here right now. statehumans
is kinda dark ngl. it's mostly the
usa part tho lol. that's why my headcanons are so
serious 🧐

anyways byeee