Uncomfortable Discussions

"Hello Miss Howl!" I greeted her a bit coldly. "Hi Raven!" She greeted me happily. "Lady Raven!" Sophia corrected Ashley quickly. Ashley became embarrassed and her face turned red. Timothy rolled his eyes at Sophia, I noticed this bit kept quiet as it wouldn't do me any good with angering him this year. "So how was the situation with Helena?" I asked them while pulling my gloves further up my arms to appear nonchalant. Ashley's face brighten and her embarrassment quickly vanished. "Oh Lady Helena was so nice and she didn't seem to mind my unintentional insult as she knew that I would struggle with all the new social etiquette I have to learn to fit in with high society!" She gushed about how kind hearted Helena was. I wasn't surprised that Helena would be able to let the little insult to her status go, she rarely held anything against anyone. "Well I'm glad to hear that!" I told them dishonestly, I would have preferred for Helena to treat Ashley more coldly but I had to remind myself. Not all of us are destined to be the villains in this story and anyway Lord Harvey will hold this transgression against Ashley even though Helena has forgiven her. That was just the sort of person he was.

"I'm guessing you been by Miss Howl's side since this morning" I said to Timothy with slight accusation in my voice. Timothy turned to me and the look in his eyes were cold. "I was, do you have some sort of problem with that?" He questioned me, his tone challenging me to say I did. I thought briefly about giving into my jealously but that is what the prevention Lady Raven did in this situation and she had argued with Timothy and this caused more strain on their relationship and made Timothy more resentful of Lady Raven since she accused him of a lot of things that didn't happen. I took a deep breathe and tried my very best at pushing the feelings of jealously that were clawing their way into my chest. "No" I said simply "I was just curious of what you've been up to since the last time I saw you!". Ashley looked a bit surprised at my response, I hazarded a guess that she was expecting a bigger reaction from me. Timothy also looked a bit surprised that I currently wasn't screaming at me but he seemed happy by this result. "Now if you'll excuse us I promised Miss Howl a personal tour of the academy!" Timothy informed Sophia and I while dragging Ashley away from us. Ashley looked at me with this strange look I couldn't decipher and an uneasy feeling started prickling at the back of my neck. "Well aren't they strange!" Sophia commented snidely, I nodded in agreement "That girl is trouble for sure!" Sophia went on as I opened the door to my room.

It was early on Sunday morning and I was getting ready to head to the temple service. Sarah was moving about my room trying to find some jewelry that I had misplaced. "Well i don't have the foggiest idea where you onyx earings have gone m'lady!" Sarah stated tiredly as she slowly stood up. "That's all right Sarah" I told her while putting on my necklace with a circle of obsidian on the centre of it "I'm sure I'll find them eventually, don't work yourself up over it, I'll live without them!". I was wearing a long flowing black dress with a tight dark grey corset and black heeled boots. I has grey eyeshadow with black sharp winged eyeliner on along with black lipstick. I had put my hair into a tight fish braid that reach the base of my back. I grabbed one my long black clocks while grabbing my purse with my other hand. "Right see you later Sarah!" I said as I walked out the door.

I was walking out of the front entrance of the academy and saw Helena and Lord Harvey not far ahead of me. I quickened my pace to catch up with them. They seemed to be in a world of their own as they didn't notice me approaching then and they still didn't notice me as we walked all the way to the temple district. Lord Harvey had walked over with Helena to the Temple of the god of love, Grá. He planted a kiss on her palm before walking off towards the temple of Oiche. I went with him.

The temple of Oiche was made from obsidian pillars and onyx titles and the insides were dimly lit. It is important to note that the temple of Oiche was also the temple of Cogadh, the god of war and bloodshed. This is because the royal family a couple hundred years ago didn't want to give evil gods their own temples so they would often group two or three evil gods in the same temple to discourage people from worshipping them due to the cramp conditions inside since the temples for the evil gods were usually a lot smaller than the temples for the good or neutral gods like Grá and Fuair. "Greetings Lady Raven" Lord Harvey greeted me quickly, "Greetings to you as well Lord Harvey!" I replied in a similar manner. "Your fiancé seems to be quite good 'pals' with that Howl girl!" Lord Harvey remarked. I could tell from how he said the word pals that he thought they were more than that. "Yes" I mused "they do seem to be getting a long rather well". I felt my heart ache from jealously and hurt. Obviously I should have been prepared for this, knowing he is with someone else behind my back, the comments people will make to me about seeing them together so much. Preparing for something and actually living through it is two very different things. No amount of preparing could prepare me for this.

The inside of the temple had skulls on tables that were covered with dark bloodstained table cloths. The skulls had candles sticking our of their eye sockets. I could see a few knives embedded into the walls from past fights. Lord Harvey and I walked side by side to the temple sanctuary which the service was to be held in. The high priest of Oiche was standing outside of the door to the sanctuary, greeting people as they walked in. "It is good to see you again Lord Shineblade!" The high priest greeted Lord Harvey with a handshake. "It is wonderful to see you here again Lady Darksheild!" He smiled with an attractive grin. I bowed my head to him in response and walked past him to go sit beside Lord Harvey since he was the only one in my year who worshipped Oiche. On the other side of the sanctuary I saw a head of long red hair wearing a long red dress. It was Tara, I tipped my head in her direction and she tipped her head in acknowledgement before bowing her head in prayer.