The Letter to Lord Timothy

When I got back to the Darksheild estate I had to remind myself that I had to act like I was in love with Lord Timothy even if I wasn't. I think I was going to give Sandra a panic attack if Lady Raven's personality change a bit too much in a too short space of time. Sandra had given me Lord Timothy's letter and had told me to write something to him before it was bedtime so the letter could be sent in the morning. I returned my room which looked like a pink fairy had barfed pink all over it. The amount of pink in the room started to hurt my eyes, I would need to find a way to solve this problem but first I had a letter to read and then I had to write one myself. I walked quickly over to the desk beside the balcony and opened the letter with a envelope knife. Honestly who would give a ten year old a knife to open mail!!. I opened the letter and was disappointed but not surprised by what I found inside. The letter was quite short and lacked any emotion behind the words. How on earth did Lady Raven not realise her fiancé didn't like her, it is clear as day that he doesn't like her by how plain and boring this letter is.

Dear Lady Raven,
In regards to your last letter I am fine and I thank you for asking. I am afraid I am not available to meet you for lunch this week but I can schedule it in for next week if some event gets cancelled I will write to let you know!
Goodbye for now,
Lord Timothy Bainne

I rolled my eyes while reading the letter, he didn't even ask how Raven was. I was outraged for the poor girl that I now was. I guess I should stop referring to Lady Raven and Myself as two separate people. I was her now and there was no changing that so I guess I had to fully become her while still staying true to myself. I considered how to reply to this letter which I took as a symbol of disrespect since he didn't even bother to ask after my health. I picked up an ink pen and ink pot and a couple sheets of writing parchment. I would first draft the letter and then fix the wording here and there to make it seem more realistic to what a ten year old noble girl would write in this world.  I had to keep reminding myself I was ten years old again and not eighteen. Oh this was so weird, mentally I was years ahead from my peers but I had to act like them, ugh I couldn't wait to grow up. After a couple hour of writing and rewriting a letter I finally finished it and was quite happy with the result.

Dear Lord Timothy,
How are you doing at this time?
I am writing to you in regards to a different matter than I usually write to you about. Over these past few days since I got your letter I have been reflecting on our engagement and I have come to the conclusion that we are not a good match. Therefore I would like to set up a meeting with you whenever you have a bit of spare time in the coming weeks. I have been in doubt of your feelings towards me Lord Timothy and your latest letter has confirmed it to me.
You did not ask after my well being in your letter and the overall tone of the letter made it seem like our engagement is a burden to you so I would like to fix that. Whether it would be best for us to continue being engaged or for the engagement to end is up to you to decide! I believe I have made my feelings for you quite clear during our engagement and now it is time for you to truly decide what you want and whether or not you want to be in an unhappy marriage or a happy one. I would advise you to choose wisely Lord Timothy for I do not give second chances to people who reject me and my feelings!
Kind regards,
Lady Raven Darksheild

I read over my letter again and decided it would be best to see how he would react to me trying to break off the engagement.  If he does break off the engagement then it will be his choice and I will not get the blame for ending the engagement. This could give me a chance to get out of this relationship early before he turned even more resentful towards me for being trapped in an unhappy relationship. I sealed the letter with wax with my family's personal stamp and set it on the desk for Sandra to get it delivered.

I didn't have to wait long for a response. Just two days letter Sandra came into my room as I was sorting through the clothes in my wardrobe much to the dismay of my other maids. I had asked Sandra after I had written my letter a few days ago if I could go shopping for some new clothes. Sandra asked my parents for permission and they didn't care as long as I wasn't bothering them. My father handed Sandra some money for her to give me so I could buy things with. It was more money than I had ever held in my pervious life. I stopped purging the hideous pink dresses and took the letter gently from Sandra's hands and thanked her for bringing it to me.

Dear Lady Raven,
I have read your letter and am angry that you doubt my feelings for you. I accept your request for a personal meeting and shall be expecting you at Bainne Manor on Wednesday morning before 10 o'clock!
Regards,
Lord Timothy Bainne.

I had to stop myself from laughing at the letter. I doubted whether Lord Timothy actually cared for Raven. He probably felt threatened that Raven would want the engagement to end so he's trying to cling onto her to prevent her from leaving him. It was really quite funny considering what he is going to do to their relationship in the future. After crumpling up the letter in my hands and throwing it in the bin much to the surprise and horror from my maids. I looked to Sandra and asked as sweetly as I could "May we please go shopping now Miss Sandra I need to get a dress for when I visit Lord Timothy on Wednesday!". If Sandra was shocked by Lady Raven throwing out a letter from Lord Timothy which she usually locked in a safe and guarded it like a dragon guarding it's golden horde I couldn't wait to see how she would react to me picking out outfits in greys and blacks when Raven would have chosen only pink outfits. This life wasn't so bad after all!