The Young Lady Tara

The scent of cherry blossoms was in the air as I walked towards the conservatory of the grand mansion on the Estate of Duke Armin Rondish. This was where I was to meet Lady Tara. Lady Raven had already met Lady Tara a few times but this would be my first time meeting her. If Raven's memories served me correct then they weren't close friends but where in the same friend group. I needed to first befriend Lady Tara and make her my best friend so I can tell her not to bother the heroine in the future so I don't get dragged into the mess she and Lord Harvey made with the heroine and the male leads. I know what you're thinking, "Lina why are you befriending her? Shouldn't you try to stay away from her!". While yes staying away from her would work for a bit but Lady Tara would still bully the heroine if I didn't become friends with her so it is better for me to befriend her and get her to trust me enough that she'll actually leave the heroine alone.

There was five other girls in the conservatory with us. I waited patiently for a gap in the conversation where I could talk to Lady Tara directly. Lady Tara was small and very skinny, she had long straight dark red hair and dark green eyes. She has a small button nose and had a light dusting of freckles on her face and arms. In the novel it said she had a signature colour which was red which she wore all the time and it was the colour that suited her the best. In the novel Lady Raven also had a signature which was pink but it did not suit her at all. I decided to incorporate some of my style from my previous life into this life. In my old life I was a goth. I wore heavy makeup and dressed in dark clothing. My room also reflected my style and was dark but also had classical elements which you would see in vampire movies that revolved around a castle. My parents didn't really like my style but they were supportive none the less. Right now there was nothing I could do about my new room, it had to stay bright pink for now until an option to change it comes up. My clothing on the other hand was an easy fix. Lady Raven had a few dark coloured dresses to choose from but there was also a lot and I mean a lot of pink clothing in her wardrobe. I chose a long dark grey dress with lace on the cuffs and hem of the dress for the tea party. Before I left the estate that morning I had looked at myself in the mirror and thought I looked good in it. It seemed Lady Raven looked good in dark colours, this would be good for me since I planned to slowly throw out the pink clothes and exchange it for greys and black clothing. Of course I'll keep a few just incase I need to wear a pink dress. That wouldn't be likely though.

The other four girls I recognised from the novel were Lady Raven's and Lady Tara's friends who they were seen chatting with a lot. One of them happened to be Lady Sophia. Sophia happened to be the daughter of a baron who made a lot of his money in the dessert trade. Sophia matched the description of the novel, she was a short plump girl with a very kind and adorable face. In the novel Sophia doesn't bully the heroine but she also does nothing to stop it because she was afraid of Lady Tara taking her wrath out on her instead. She had shoulder length brown curly hair and had the prettiest big brown eyes and dark skin. I made a mental note then and there to befriend her as well. An opportunity to speak to Lady Tara reared it's head and I took advantage of the moment. "So ladies what do you think of the new dress boutique beside Madame Oscar's dress boutique?" Lady Tara asked as she took a dainty sip of her tea. "It is does not live up to expectations!" I told the girls while carefully choosing my words. In the novel I remembered a particular line where Lady Tara goes off on a rant about how Madame Oscar's boutique was the best place to get a gown made and then the heroine disagrees with her and saws that Mrs Mattison's was the best place to get a gown made. To become Lady Tara's friend and get close with her I must agree with her opinions and chose my words carefully to avoid offending her. I needed to get her to trust me and be able to confide in me, that way I'll be able to help her like any good friend would and keep her from going down a bad path. "Quite right Lady Raven!" Lady Tara smiled while giving me an approving look. "Well said Lady Raven!" Lady Sophia commented sweetly. I gave her a smile in return. It seemed like befriending these girls wouldn't be a hard task but it would be a long journey to gain their complete trust.

The tea party was a success, the conversation continued to go in a way that benefited me and I dare say that the ladies present there now have a some what high opinion of Lady Raven, which is me. I heard no mention at all about Lord Harvey I guess I would meet him at some later date in the future. I was sitting in the carriage on the way home with my personal maid Sandra. Sandra had her dark blond hair in a tight bun and she looked to be in her late twenties. "M'lady I've been asked to remind you to write to your fiancé" Sandra told me while looking for something in the basket she had brought with her. "His letter arrived two days ago and you haven't even opened it". I stared at Sandra for a moment and then I remembered that Lady Raven didn't just have to deal with six young ladies who she had to befriend at all costs, she was also engaged and that meant she had to write letters to her fiancé and occasionally visit him. I considered for a moment whether to actually bother with the engagement. In the novel Lord Timothy didn't care at all for Lady Raven and only replied to her letters out of obligation and not because he wanted to and every time she visited him he would always act so cold towards her. "Must I Miss Sandra?" I asked with an innocent but sad tone. Sandra was absolutely shock by my words, normally Lady Raven wouldn't hesitate to write to her fiancé. "Why would you say such a thing? Of course you have to m'lady he's your fiancé!" Sandra scolded me. "I just get the feeling that he doesn't like me very much!" I told Sandra while looking so very sad. Sandra gave me a look of pity, I should become an actress I was nailing faking my true feelings. "I'm sure he just needs to get to know you better young lady, I'm certain by the time you two are to be wed you'll get along like a house on fire!" Sandra reassured me but I could tell from the look in her eyes that she was uncertain about that prospect. I guess she also knew that Lord Timothy didn't like Lady Raven and was now slightly panicking what her and the other servants were to do now that Lady Raven was suspecting that her fiancé didn't like her like she liked him.