A Nightime Gathering

I wanted to break Timothy's nose for telling me to smile after how he has treated me but my traitorous heart had other opinions on the matter. It liked seeing him like this for some sick twisted reason and so because it was so starved for any tiny bit of affection it could get it made me flash Timothy a smile. I was screaming internally at myself, why did I have to fall for this manipulative man. Timothy presses his lips lightly against my cheekbones for the briefest of moments. It was barely even a peck on the cheek and yet it made my heart flutter. At least I won't have to deal with you for the rest of my life when you become Ashley's problem! I thought savagely in my mind as I continued to smile at Timothy. Timothy pulled me close to him and just held me in his arms for a few moments. "You wanted to talk about something Tim?" I reminded Timothy as I remembered that Sophia was probably waiting outside for me. His face fell a bit at my words. "What can't a man just want to spend some time alone with his fiancé!" Timothy exclaimed while suddenly stepping back from me. My heart started to panic as Timothy reverted back to his usual cold self. "You can" I told him desperately as I went over to him with my arms open towards him, imploring him silently to hold me again. He regarded me for a moment, deciding whether or not to allow me to hold him. Deciding that his pride wouldn't allow for me to be the one to hold him he pulled me to him roughly. He lowered his head towards my ear and whispered "Any time we have a beautiful moment you just have to go and ruin it, don't you darling!". He pushed me away from him and my back hit my bed frame. Timothy unlocked my door and strolled out of the room like nothing just happened. I quickly gathered myself to not let Sophia see me in such a sorry state. There was no point worrying her about what was happening in my relationship when it would be ending in a few months time.

My room at the academy wasn't much like my room back home. The academy doesn't allow us to change the rooms so the walls are a bright red and the floor was oak wood planks. We were allowed to bring our own bed sheets and curtains and other little items to make ourselves feel more at home while we are here. There is a desk with a mirror hanging above it that faced the bed. A wardrobe stood next to the bathroom door. We all had our own private bathroom. A chest lay at the foot of my bed and it was full of books and shoes and what not else. There was a bookshelf beside the window that had a few books on it since I hadn't had the time to move all my books out of the chest and back on the bookshelf. I had my alter set up on a small coffee table beside the desk and it had my usual alter set up on it like the one I had at home. I was sitting at my desk with an ink pen in my hand as I was finishing off the last sentence on my essay on recent politics for my political studies class. Suddenly I felt like something was watching me from the shadows underneath my bed. I carefully got up from my seat and got down on my hands and knees and put my hand into the shadows. I felt my hand hit something so I grabbed it gently and slowly pulled it out from underneath my bed. It was a rolled up scroll. I sat cross legged on the floor and broke the wax seal on the scroll. It was a announcement from the high priest of the Temple of Oiche. There was to be a gathering in the woods beside the school tonight and worshippers of Oiche were to attend the ritual, attendance from the look of the letter was mandatory. I was to go into the woods around eight tonight and I was to wear light clothing.

I chose a short backless dress with a deep v-neck and it was of course black. The dress also had high splits in the legs that went up to mid thigh. I chose flat black shoes since it was not a good idea to wear heels in those woods unless you wanted to break your ankle. The dress also didn't have sleeves and was being held on my frame by two black thin straps. The dress wasn't form fitting and the fabric was quite loose and free flowing. Just what the letter had said to wear. Whenever a high priest refers to light clothing they mean clothing that is not modest at all, since high priests and priestesses ceremonial clothes show a lot of skin. Well for the servants of Oiche their outfits don't leave very much for the imagination.

I kept my hair down and let it flow freely since that was what rituals like thus were all about with servants of Oiche, to be able to be free in the darkness and do as we wished without the judgment we would face on the light. I painted my nails black for the occasion and wore my darkest black lipstick and eyeshadow as well. I was just about to head out the door when Timothy came barging into my room. He was about to go off on a rant about someone who had just angered him when he saw me, more like he saw what I was wearing. "Where are you going dressed like that?" He demanded furiously, he obviously didn't approve of my outfit at all. "I am to attend a gathering in the woods tonight my love" I informed him softly while walking over to him and holding his face gently with my hands. "What's type of gathering?" He demanded to know. "Worshippers of Oiche are gathering to welcome the longer nights that are to come in the coming months as the seasons change" I explained calmly while rubbing one of his cheeks with my thumb. He was about to say something else but I cut across him, if I answered all his questions then I wouldn't get to the gathering on time. "I must go now darling" I told him firmly while going on my tiptoes so I could give him a kiss. Timothy leaned down a bit to help me be able to reach his lips with mine. It was hard having such a big height difference. Heels usual helped close the gap between us but without them I was just about half a head shorter than him. I didn't know how Tara and Prince Edward could be bothered with kissing each other all the time. Tara was about two heads shorter than Prince Edward and that is with her normal sized heels on. "I swear I'll explain everything when I get back" I promised him while I walked out the door. I quickly walked down the hall without looking behind me, I knew he would be leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed like he always did when I would go off in the middle of the night and leave him behind.