19.

**Leif**

The next few weeks rolled around and it was like nothing ever happened.
Not my papa being claimed as dead.
Or me giving myself up.
Just to find out I was going to be killed.
No one has seen or heard from those demons either.
Which I'm pretty sure is a good thing.
Considering how powerful that Darius guy seemed to be.

And even after everything that did happen?
Jinx seemed to be less mean to me.
But not to Quin.
Nope.
Quin and Jinx were still bumping heads.
Pretty sure that was a normal thing for them though.

"Are you sure about this?"
I stood at the entrance of the trail, my fingers wrapped around some flowers I bought with my allowance.
Felix stood next to me, holding my free hand as I stared ahead before looking to my mate.
I smiled softly at the other.
"I'm sure." I agreed walking now as Felix walked next to me.

"I've been thinking about something these last couple of weeks." He began as I glanced to the other.
"What about?"
Felix glanced to me.
"Us-"
"Do you regret choosing-"
"Absolutely not, do not even finish that sentence." Felix frowned at me as I looked at him with a soft frown.
"If it's not regret, then what could you possibly be thinking about?"

"Our future for one." Felix paused as he turned to me now.
"I'll graduate before you and I have no plans for college, but you've never mentioned if you had plans to go or not." He said.
I blinked before my eyes fell on the hand he held, I looked back at the other.
"College doesn't interest me, I just want to finish these last couple of years left of high school and focus on what the future brings you and me." I hesitated as I nibbled my bottom lip.

"If I went to college, it would be less time seeing you and my parents already told me and my siblings that college isn't a forced thing on us, papa already said they would help us get our first house when we were ready to move out, but eventually responsibility would fall onto us." I looked at Felix.
"I want to get a job, maybe at a small cafe or something simple, I want to work until we're comfortable." I said.

Felix stared before he smiled softly, squeezing my hand.
"That sounds like a good plan to me, as soon as I graduate, I'll look for a job as well to show your parents we won't need to rely on their help as often as they'll suspect." Felix looked down at our hands.
"These last few weeks since everything has calmed down, all I have done is thought about us." His brows furrowed for a minute before looking at me.

"There's no rush to this, we can take things as slow as you want, but what are your thoughts on child-"
"I want them." I cut him off before blushing as his eyes slightly widened.
"Sorry." I apologized but it made the other grin softly.
"Don't apologize, that was cute hearing you sound so eager to the idea of it." He told me as I blushed looking at him.
"I-It's just, I want to be a parent my children can be proud of, I want to be like my parents today. They're inspiring and my heroes, they rescued me.. and I know it's hard for vampires to carry, so it's obvious we'd have to adopt, a-as long as that's something you would be okay with." I said looking at Felix.

Felix stared before smiling softly.
"Of course I'd be okay with that Leif, whatever you are comfortable with. That's how being mated works, but something like that will be after we've both graduated and we have our own house. Kind of like what your brother and his mates did." He reminded me.

It's been weird knowing Iggy no longer lives in the same house as us.
After he told everyone he was pregnant with August's baby, the four of them talked to our parents and said it was probably best for them to get their own house, they didn't want it crowded, especially when Stormy and Sunny were still babies.
I still remember dad crying the day Iggy packed up his room and left.

He acts like Iggy doesn't visit everyday after school, because that's exactly what he does.
Yeah.
Dad was a bit of a drama king sometimes.
But.
Iggy was his first born, so I guess it hit him the hardest seeing his first leave the coop.
So I guess no one could really blame dad on being upset.

My eyes fell on the large sign that read.
Cemetery.
And there was a sudden knot that greeted my stomach.
I was hesitant.
But I needed to do this.
So I could move on, to forgive and to forget.
I didn't want to keep living in the dark.

Inhaling sharply, I walked with Felix through the cemetery, there were names and flowers everywhere.
Some were wilting, others were completely dead as if they had been forgotten.

We stood in front of one stone.
I wanted to feel sad.
I wanted the emotions to swell up inside of me so I could maybe cry.
To know I was finally safe.

I knelt down with the flowers, placing them in front of the stone with the name that read.

Terra Clarke.
Married to Nikolai Clarke.
Mother of Leif Clarke.
Deceased.

I felt nothing staring at her name.
I just wanted to see if he was lying when he said she was dead.
But it was true.
So now they were both six feet under.
And that part of me felt relief.
Knowing that monsters like them were no longer here.

All I had were scars, there was no happiness from that short time I lived with them.
Terra running away with me was probably the smartest thing she could have done.
Because it landed me in a much better family.

"Leif?"
I looked to Felix as his brows knitted, his thumbs brushing underneath my eyes.
"You're crying." He pointed out.
I stared at him as more tears rolled down my cheeks.
"It's because I'm happy." I smiled as his brow arched up.
"You're happy?" He repeated.
I looked to Terra's grave before nodding.

"What she did saved my life, I was rescued by a fantastic family, sure we argue a lot. But.." I looked at him with happiness in my eyes.
"If it wasn't for her, I would probably be somewhere far worse, Nikolai would have been still alive.. there's no telling where I would be right now, and what scares me the most knowing that?" I looked at him with sadness in my eyes.
"Is knowing that there would have been a chance that I would have never met you." I told him.

Felix's eyes widened before pulling us to our feet and his arms were wrapping around me, embracing me tightly as his face nuzzled my neck.
"Then let's be grateful knowing that you were saved, that you have a much better family and that we found each other." Felix smirked softly.
"Even if I did imprint on you by accident." He grinned.
I looked at him before smiling softly.
"Best accident ever." I told him.
"Oh the greatest." Felix smiled pressing his lips to mine.
------
"You two were gone for a while, where did you run off to?" Dad questioned as I walked into the family room, the twins were in their shared playpen trying to pull themselves to their feet to look at us.
I slid off my jacket as I made my way into the room and took a seat on the couch.

"I finally went and visited Terra." I answered.
Dad looked at me for a minute.
"I thought you didn't want to?"
"I felt like I needed to." I nibbled my bottom lip frowning softly.
"I needed to forgive and forget, so I could finally work on moving forward. I feel like if I had never went there to confirm she was gone, I would have been stuck." I looked at my dad.
"But it's over and now I can move on." I managed a soft smile now.

Dad watched me before he sighed softly.
"As long as it helped you baby, how are things going for you and Felix?" He asked changing the subject.

I blinked but smiled softly.
"Things are going great.. we talked about the future, neither of us plan on going to college so we're going to get jobs instead." I told him.
Dad arched a brow.
"Do you plan on getting a good job or-"
"I want to work at a cafe." I cut him off.
Dad blinked.
"Oh really? Is there a reason behind that?" He asked me.
I shrugged.
"I just want something simple I guess." I answered, nibbling my bottom lip.