12.

**Leif**

I stared at the water hitting the bottom of the tub as I stood in the bathroom with Felix.
I was scared to get back in the water, especially after nearly drowning for a second time.
It made my chest squeeze painfully tight as I nervously pulled my shirt over my head.

"I won't let anything happen to you in here." Felix's voice brought me from thought as I looked to the alpha who was already pulling his own shirt off.
Blushing I nodded pulling my soaked jeans down next.
I was freezing by the time we were both stepping into the shower.

I was nervous being naked in front of the other, but Felix didn't at all seem phased as he lathered his hair in the shampoo.
Trembling as I stood there, I grabbed the shampoo next and lathered my own hair with my eyes closed.
I wanted to forget tonight.
But the one thing that I didn't want to forget.
Was how quick Felix jumped in after me.

He didn't think about what could have been at the bottom, he just saw me fall and his body moved on its own.
If it wasn't for Felix..
I may not even be standing here right now.
I could be on the bottom of the lakes floor, no longer breathing.

But because of Felix..
Tears formed in my eyes as I stared at the back of the other.
I'd be dead right now.
I owe him so much.

That's why..
That's why..!

"F-Felix." I called out to the alpha who turned to me, rinsing his hair.
"Is everything okay?" He asked me.
I was hesitant but I carefully moved forward looking at him.

"Kiss me." I told him.
Felix's eyes slightly widened but moved in seconds and his mouth was on mine.
He didn't have to be told twice.
His hands traveled until they were on my hips.
I was scared but I trusted him.
He gave me no reason not to.

"I want to mark you." Felix breathed against my neck as I trembled against him.
"Isn't it too soon?"
"It's never too soon to mark the one you love, I don't want to lose you to anyone Leif." Felix's lips were on my neck as my face burned.
"Unless, there's someone else you want that isn't me." Felix spoke up and my arms wrapped around the other, shaking my head as my face buried into his chest now.

"N-No way, there's only you." I replied.
He chuckled softly.
"You're so honest, would you be against me marking you now?" Felix whispered as my body grew warm before I shook my head.
"No.. b-but where do you want to mark m-me?" I asked.
Felix studied me for a second.

"Turn around." He told me.
Blushing I did as instructed but slight fear struck me when his hand gently covered my mouth.
"This is going to hurt for only a second." He kissed my shoulder blade and before I could respond.
I was crying hard into the others hand as his teeth pierced my flesh.
It hurts.
It hurts so much.
I could smell my blood as my body ached painfully before this rush of pleasure took over and everything suddenly felt warm.

I could feel my knees trying to buckle in the water but Felix kept a grip on me.
"Leif, you did wonderful." His voice made me feel different.
Like I craved for him as I turned to the other, my face flushed as his lips pressed against mine.
I could taste the blood from his lips as he pressed me into the wall.

"Do you want to mark me?" His voice was quiet but I nodded as the water hit us both.
Felix turned from me so his back was facing me.
"Bite me in the same spot." He pointed to his shoulder blade.
I was scared as my hand cupped his free shoulder.

Breathing in, my lips trembled pressing against his skin.
"Okay.." I whispered before my fangs pierced the others flesh.
I could hear the other hiss before I broke away and before I knew it.

The two of us were sitting in the bathroom floor, staring at one another.
We did it.
We were marked.
Within three days of knowing each other.
How were my parents going to react?
Not that it even mattered.
Because it was done.

I was Felix's.
And he was mine..
-----
"Do you feel better, baby?" My dad asked me as we walked into the living room a little bit later.
I felt sleepy but nodded as I looked at my parents.
My siblings were also present, but scattered in the room.

"Good, do you feel up to talking about this person you mentioned earlier?" Dad asked me.
I blinked but frowned softly.
"I-I don't know much about him, except that he's another vampire but he has the same ability as me.. the day I collapsed at school, he was trying to bait me out, and then when we lost power at the school. He was there, but he said he was being paid to find me.. he called me a lost treasure, but had no intentions of bringing me with him.. I don't even know his name." I rubbed my upper arm frowning softly.

"Why would he call you a lost treasure?" Papa asked with his arms crossed,
I shrugged frowning softly at the other.
"I-I don't know, it confused me when he called me that.. I don't know anyone who would be looking for me." I nibbled my bottom lip but just as I said that.

There was a knock on the front door.

I felt paralyzed standing in the living room with my family, my eyes glued to the hallway as my parents exchanged looks.
"Who could that be?" Dad questioned as papa frowned.
"Stay here." He told everyone before walking down the hall.
------
Magna walked up to the front door, peering through the peephole before frowning as he pulled open the front door to an unfamiliar face.

The brunet smiled at him.
"Good evening sir, I'm sorry to bother you this late but a friend's son of mine has gone missing, and I was hoping you might have seen him." The brunet spoke up.
Magna frowned at the other.
"That is rather unfortunate, do you have a picture of the boy?" He questioned.
The brunet was quick to nod, he rummaged through his pocket before handing Magna a picture.

Trying not to let it show, Magna took in the picture of Leif, he was younger but looked fragile and more broken, his smile was forced and there were tears in his eyes.

"How old is he?" Magna found himself asking despite his blood starting to boil as he stood there.
"He should be about sixteen now, he's been missing for a few years now. The parents had a pretty bad fight before the two disappeared, his father has been worried sick about him, we were all about to give up searching until my younger brother spotted him in this town, so we've been going house to house in hopes of finding him, we just want to bring him home." The brunet explained.

Magna nodded looking at the other before handing back the photo.
"I can understand that, I have a few kids myself and as a father, I would go crazy if any of them were to go missing." Magna looked at the other frowning softly.
"Unfortunately I haven't seen this boy, but from one father to another, I do hope he is found." Magna was hesitant before looking over his shoulder then back to the brunet.

"Was his mother ever found?" He asked.
The brunet stared.
"She's deceased, her body was found days after the two went missing, but his son is still missing." He told the other.
Magna's jaw clenched.
"That's a shame, what is the boy's name? I can ask my children if they've maybe seen him, maybe he goes to the same school as them." He said.
The brunet smiled.

"That's awfully kind of you sir, I appreciate the help, the boy's name is Leif Clarke. If you or your children happen to see him, please, don't hesitate to call us." The brunet handed Magna a piece of paper with his name and number written on it.

"Kagen?" Magna repeated the name as the brunet smiled.
"No need for a last name when we won't be staying long once our boy is found, but can I trouble you for your name sir?"

Magna blinked.
"It's-"

"Whose at the door, baby?"
Magna frowned deeply as Moxie stepped up, holding their daughter Stormy, who was staring at the man with a blank face.

"Oh my." Kagen grinned.
"What a beautiful little girl, you must be his mate." He said as Moxie blinked looking to Magna who had his hand on the others back now, tapping gently on it.
Moxie looked back to Kagen.
"Yes," he smiled softly.
"I'm Jamie and this is my husband Samuel Acres." He introduced the two.

Kagen smiled.
"Lovely names indeed, and does this little one have a name?" He inquired.
Moxie sucked in some air as he smiled.
"Alexis." He responded.

Kagen nodded.
"She's beautiful, but thank you Samuel." He outstretched his hand to Magna who frowned softly.
"Like I said, don't hesitate to reach me if you find him." He told the other as Magna took the offered hand, shaking it.

"I won't, have a nice night." Magna replied shutting the door then locked it as the two let out heavy breaths.
------
"Who was at the door?" Quin asked frowning as he held Sunny in his lap.
Dad frowned softly handing Amber Stormy who sat down next.

"A problem." Papa answered, his eyes fell on me before his expression softened.

"Leif, what was your parents like before your dad found you that day it was pouring out?" He asked me.
I felt my blood run ice cold at the question.
It was hard to swallow as I looked away from everyone, my brows knitting together.

"M-My parents..?"
"A man showed up, he said your father was looking for you." Papa told me as I looked back at him fast, tears in my eyes.
"He's a monster." I felt the tears slip as I took a step back.

"Don't run from us, Leif." Dad stepped forward trying to bring me in for an embrace but I hissed in pain when his hand touched my mark.

"What's wrong?" He asked worried.
My face flushed red.
"I-It's nothing-"

"He's marked." Felix cut me off and everyone was staring at us.
"What?" Dad was shocked.
"So soon, why?" He asked.
Felix frowned.
"So when issues like this happen, I'll have an easier time keeping him safe." He responded.

"Okay, we will discuss this decision later, our main concern is about the man that showed up at our front door. What do you mean, he's a monster?" Papa asked me.

I stood there with knitted brows.
"I-I mean, the moment him and my mom found out about my ability.. he used and abused me, my mom tried k-killing me twice." Tears streamed down my cheeks.
"T-That man wanted me to hurt p-people, just to show others his kid was a weapon." I stood there trembling.
"My mom treated me like a b-burden, she hated me, she told me over and over I was mistake.. that was why she abandoned me." I cried.
"A-And my dad never loved me, he just wanted to use me, and when I wouldn't do what he wanted.. he would beat me half to death for defying him." I looked at my parents.

"S-So please, don't send me back to him, he'll kill me." I cried wiping and rubbing at my eyes to make the tears stop.
"If he's looking for me, he's looking for my mom-"

"Kagen said she was found dead days after you went missing." Papa cut me off as I looked at him wide eyed as the tears slipped.
"D-Did you say Kagen..?" I asked him.

Papa frowned softly at me.
"You know him?"
My face flushed red as the thunder roared above us, shaking the house as my twin sisters began crying from the loud sound.

"H-He's dangerous, a mind reader and a blood controller." I told them.

"I'm sorry, a what now?" We turned to the hallway as Jackie and Rocky stood there, Jackie's brows were arched but was looking at my parents.

"What the fuck is a blood controller?" He demanded.
It was hard to swallow.
"E-Exactly as it sounds, if he gets even a slight taste of someones b-blood, he can control their body as he likes..." I answered.

My parents looked stunned and my siblings looked worried.
I felt sick as Felix pulled me into him, holding me tight.
It felt like if he were to let me go, he would lose me.

"One normal child, that's all I want from you guys, we have bat shit psychos and now there's some puppet master, how can this night get any worse?" Jackie demanded running his hands through his hair.

I didn't want to think about tonight getting worse.
But I had a really bad feeling.

Tonight wouldn't be the last time my parents would run into Kagen.

And for me?
It wouldn't be the last time I ran into that kid who was exactly like me.
I just hope.
I'm wrong about the one who's paying him to bring me in.

Please.
Let me be wrong.