The Big Race Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

On the straightaway McQueen got up on Hicks' right, trying to use speed to get past him and push him from second when they eventually rounded the corner.

Hicks didn't like that, not one bit, "Oh..." He seethed, "Kids trying to be a hero, huh? Well, what do you think about this?" With measured accuracy, Hick pitched his wheel to the right and just as Mcqueen's back end was passing him the front of Hicks' car nicked him.

At high speeds, a nick wasn't just a nick. It was like a sledgehammer.

In a split second, the back end of McQueen's car started to swivel and he began to spin out again.

Chick laughed as he passed McQueen, who he was sure would spin out again.

It was a surprise then, for Hicks to suddenly see the back end of Mcqueens car inching infront of him, Hicks gaped as he watched McQueen pass him...backwards.

"WHAT A MOVE BY MCQUEEN!" Bob screamed.

The crowd was collectively losing their minds

"WHOO!" Mater could be heard screaming from the Pit, "GetRDone! I taught him that!" Mater turned to Hicks' pit crew and laughed, "KA CHOW!" The crew members frowned and tried to ignore him.

McQueen spun his car back around to face normal just before taking the turn.

Had he really just done that?!

"He's caught up to the leaders!" Bob announced.

"Oh, yeah. This is what it's all about Bob. A 3-way battle for the lead, with 10 to go!"

Over the next three laps Chick Hicks put the pressure on McQueen. He was obviously not happy with the humiliation Lightning had exposed him to with the whole 'driving backwards' trick.

As Hicks tried to get past him but McQueen made sure to cut him off every time. Even going so far as to ride the line to keep the mustached man behind him.

"Stay back." McQueen hissed through gritted teeth. He was getting tired. This race was draining him and pushing him to his limits. He dared say a race with ten times as many drivers was easier than this. With an open track the three of them could pull all kinds of tricks. Hicks had proven that, causing him to spin out once already and nearly knocking him off the track, but Light had thrown the break and cranked the wheel, turning himself backwards. That little trick had cost him a few moments of speed but he had soon caught up, driving past Hicks backwards, and it was well worth it once he saw the look on Chick Hicks' face.

But the time for tricks was over. They were seven laps away and McQueen needed to keep this in check. If he could get Hicks off his bumper then he might actually have a chance at slipping past the King.

McQueen saw Hicks riding up on his right. They were entering turn four and McQueen didn't want to give up the side spot so he let Hicks push up to him as they came into the turn, betting on the inside to give him the edge so he could stay in front of Hicks.