Search

(Y/n)'s POV

'Kazuha...there's something I need to tell you.' I began

He might as well know why I visit Heizou so often. I mean, he can then cover for me when I leave abruptly. It's not like my father is here to intervene. I can already wear my electro vision freely since I'm not in the Hayashi clan anymore.

'What is it?' he asked confused.

'You wanted to know why I keep visiting Heizou so often, right? It's not because I'm in a relationship with him. It's because...I'm in search of my mother.'

'But Lady Hayashi di-'

'They never found her body. I know she's alive because...' I rummaged through my pocket and removed a cryo vision. 'It still glows.'

'That vision...was it your mother's?' he asked, staring at the cold vision in my hand

'Yes, it was. Just like I kept my vision hidden all these years, she did the same. The day before she disappeared, she told me where she'd kept it hidden. You and I both know when a vision bearer dies, their visions deactivate, losing their color and becoming an empty husk without a trace of elemental power.' I explained, 'This vision hasn't died down yet, so that means she's still alive.'

'But it's flickering.' he pointed out.

'That's why I need to find her. So I can help my mother, and to do that, I have to find her.' I said calmly, 'Heizou and I have been doing this in secret.'

'You don't want your father to know? I mean, she wa-'

'My father was the worst husband in all of Teyvat. I'm pretty sure he's the reason my mother went missing.'

'Oh...'

'You don't know my father like I do.' I said, 'Hayashi Hiroto is an evil man.'

He went silent for a moment as I looked away from him. I gently took his hands in mine.

'Please don't tell anyone about this.' I begged

Kazuha's POV

'Does...does Haruhiro know about this?' I asked, looking into her eyes

Her eyes dulled as they dropped to the floor. Her mouth tightened into a thin line.

'No. Hiro doesn't know, and I want to keep it that way. I-I don't want to give him a sense of false hope.' she said softly. 'No one knows about this besides Heizou and...you.' she said. 'I can trust you with this, right? You'll my secret, right?'

I lost my mother at a young age, too, and understood where she was coming from. I'd heard different rumors about Lady Hayashi over the years. Some people said she ran away and got killed by a bunch of Nobushi. Others said she died because of her Stars Tears Disease. I was the most skeptical about that one. Stars Tears Disease was a myth, right?

'I can trust you, right?' (Y/n) said again

'Yes.' I said, nodding. 'I promise no one will know about it.'

She smiled brightly, and her eyes softened.

'Thank you.' she said gently.

'We should go home now.' I said, and she nodded. 'It would be weird if you come home alone.'

'Right.' she said while holding my hand. 'Time to deceive the Kaedehara clan.'

'And the Hayashi clan.' I said with a small smile, 'Shall we, my dear wife?'

She chuckled a bit as I emphasized the last three words.

'Yes, we should, my dear husband.' she said with a smirk.