Forced

Tomo's POV

Once Mio left, my expression turned serious.

'What did you want to talk to me about?'

'Father wants me to search for a bride.'

'Hmm? Do you have anyone you're interested in or...'

'He's planning to make me go to the Hayashi clan's thing for suitors to attend.'

'Oh, are they planning on getting (Y/n) married? She's Haruhiro's sister, right?'

He nodded.

'I've heard she's pretty.' I commented

'Tomo, you're missing the point. I don't want to get married! Not yet, and why would I force a woman to spend the rest of her life with me? I mean, she'll have to pledge her life to a man barely knows.'

'I understand what you're going through, but that's the thing with being a noble.'

'You're lucky you got Kimi, who just so happened to be a Kamisato. You got to marry a woman you loved and knew. You weren't forced like I'm being right now.'

I sighed a bit. He was right to an extent, but marriage is important between clans. I looked at him before speaking up again.

'You know our story wasn't that easy either, right?' I said, looking at him

'I know, I know.'

'Why does Father want to get you married off anyways?'

He cringed a bit before explaining.

Kazuha's POV

The reason was a bit awkward, to say the least.

***Flashback***

I was done with my daily training session when Father summoned me. I entered the room and sat across from him.

'Father, you wanted to see me?'

'Son, it's time you find yourself a bride.'

I choked on my water and started coughing. I quickly composed myself.

'A-A bride?'

'Yes, I think it's time I found you a wife.'

'B-but why?'

'It's time you take responsibility as the new head of the Kaedehara clan.'

'I-I understand, Father, but why do I need a bride?'

'Well, someone has to continue the Kaedehara clan. I'm old, as you know, so...'

I felt my cheeks burn up from embarrassment. Oh god, please, not this conversation.

'B-But Tomo already has a kid and is expecting another one. I mean, Mio-'

'I know he is, but he's more engrossed in the Kamisato clan. Mio is most probably going to be the Kamisatos' successor. So your hier needs to be the next Kaedehara clan's successor.'

I cleared my throat.

'I-I see.'

'I'm sending you to the Hayashi clan's event. There were multiple heiresses for you to choose from. You are to go there and pick a bride.'

'But-'

'You have one week from today to choose a bride before I do it myself. Understood?'

I sighed and nodded.

'I understand, Father.'

***Flashback***

'Tomo, I swear to god, if you laugh, I will punch you.' I said darkly as my brother tried to hold in his laughter