An Assasin's Daughter

(A/n: Since Ayato's father doesn't have a canon name, Imma just call him Kenji. Also, I already gave you all my primos u lil shit (ilysm Zuzu <33))

Hoshiko's POV

I sat silently as my "husband" returned to check on me.

'Hiroto, you've returned.' I said calmly

'How did you know it was me, Hoshiko?' he asked me in confusion

'I could feel your energy as you entered.' I said before scoffing, 'I may be blind, but my hearing is still perfect.'

I could feel him glaring at me.

'Shut up, you blind bitch!' he yelled.

I heard his hand rise, and I knew what he was trying to do. Before he could slap me, I grabbed his hand before he could reach my cheek.

'How did you!'

'You're really sloppy with your movements, my dear husband.' I said with a smirk

He grunted and yanked his hand out of my grip. I chuckled at his annoyed voice.

'You pathetic little bitch! Don't call me that! I should get rid of you,' he yelled.

'But Lord Hayashi, she's an assassin!' one of his henchmen said

'Was an assassin, Ryō.' he said. 'Now get rid of her.'

'(Y/n) will lead to your downfall Hiroto.' I said

He scoffed at me.

'She'll go blind soon, Hoshiko. The disease you passed onto her is back, and I married her off.'

'Let me guess, her husband is a Kaedehara.'

'How did you know that?!' he yelled.

'Hiroto, if you had joined me back then, you would know.' I said, 'You decided to choose a path of darkness instead.'

'Says the woman who killed countless men.'

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist.

'Those men were criminals.'

'Oh, that's right, you were a part of that Kamisato's Shuumatsban. His favorite assassin.'

I froze and remembered Kamisato Kenji, my former boss and the man who loved me.

'You were in love with him too, weren't you.' he said coldly. 'But you never loved him because you were in love with me. You were a mere servant, and yet he loved you.'

'Kenji was a good man. It's true he loved me all those years ago, but I made the mistake of falling in love with you.' I said bitterly, 'I thought you loved me, but you just led me on. You're the reason I went blind!'

I shook my head.

'Kenji didn't know of my disease, and when he heard, he felt horrible. He was a million times better than you are, Hiroto. I was a fool to fall for a man like you.'

'(Y/n) is his daughter, isn't she?' he spat

I went silent.

'She is, isn't she?' he repeated.

'No, I may have loved Kenji, but I was never unfaithful.' I hissed '(Y/n) is indeed your daughter. It shocks me at times because she's everything you're not.'

'You're right! She's a weakling. A weakness like Kenji!' he yelled. 'You know what? I should've killed (Y/n) when she was born just the way I killed Kenji.'