Demons

Kurai's POV

I stared in confusion at the humanoid demon.

'Hello, anyone in there?' I heard the demonic voice say again

I blinked a few more times before speaking up again.

'Let me get this straight...you're the Muramasa?'

'Yes, you idiot! How many times do I need to tell you!' it said, rubbing its temples.

'But you're not a katana.'

'I'm a demon that cursed the katana, you nitwit!' it said, glaring. 'I cursed the sword. I am the demon that materialized from Sengo Muramasa's anger and malicious intentions.'

'I see that, but why have you been waiting for me? Am I the chosen one?' I asked in surprise

'No, you aren't. You're just a descendant of my creator, and you will be able to hold onto the katana.'

'What about my sister then? I bet it's because she's a woman you didn't go up to her.' I asked to test whether this was a trick or not

'Mei? Oh, please.' it scoffed. 'She's pure good! Instead of being able to hold me, she'd destroy me. But you...you're a cursed child. The perfect one. The one whose malicious intents will power me again!'

I stood frozen.

'My intents aren't malicious! They're the ones I deserve.'

'Tomato tamato.' it said, waving me off.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

'Well, if you are the Muramasa, where is your katana form?'

'That's the thing...' it said. 'Those stupid Kaedeharas and Kamisatos sealed me away!'

'What?'

'I can only travel around in my demon form and have been stripped of my powers.' it said. 'But you can help me.'

'How can I help you?'

'Your interest in the new wife of the Kaedehara clan! You want her, right? I've been torturing her mentally by showing up in her dreams. You can help me manipulate her and make her show you the way to my physical form.'

'You've been coming in (Y/n)'s dreams?'

'Yes, I have, and I must say she is quite a feisty one. She's beautiful as well.'

'She's amazing.' I responded, 'I've watched her since we were teenagers.'

'Hah, you're a stalker too? My, my, you're perfect.'

'I'm not a stalker! (Y/n) and I, we're are meant to be together! We're soulmates!' I argued

'Sure you are, Kurai.' it said, scoffing.

'Watch your tongue, you demon!' I said harshly, 'I could get an exorcist to get rid of you.'

It laughed at me. Its red eyes darkened as it stared into mine.

'Do it.' it said. 'Come on, do it.'

I gritted my teeth. If I destroy the Muramasa, then I can't have (Y/n) to myself! The demon smirked at me, knowing exactly what was going on in my head.

'Look, Kurai, we both want the same thing...revenge.' it said. 'We want revenge on the Kaedehara and Kamisato clans for taking away what is rightfully ours! Kazuha took away your pride and deserved glory, as well as your wife! Meanwhile, they sealed me away and took away my powers. United, we can get what we both want! Their downfall!'

The demon had a point.

'C'mon, think of all the times when Kaedehara Kazuha took all the praise! When he won the battle, even though he was unarmed! When he took away (Y/n) from you when you came to propose to her first!'

I felt my blood boil at the mention of that bastard. The demon was right! He had taken everything that was supposed to be mine! Sure, the duel's embarrassment was alright, but the moment he took the love of my life, my soulmate...he'd signed up for that death sentence.

'I just have one question.' I said, looking into its eyes, 'Why did you choose to go into (Y/n)'s dreams and not any other Kaedehara or Kamisato noble?'

'She's the perfect patsy!' it said. 'She has no clue of what's happened between us, not to mention the disease of the stars! She's full of paranoia now that she's in a fake marriage. She's afraid of being exposed. She's the perfect patsy to use. The easiest target there is.'

'Disease of the stars?' I asked in confusion

'Hm? You don't know about that? She's cursed with her mother's star tears disease. A curse of unrequited love.'

'What happens if she cries those stars?'

'The perfect amount of tears will make her go blind.' it said. 'I'm surprised you haven't used that to get her blind so you could kidnap her.'

'If I knew about that, I would have done that myself.' I said harshly

'Wow, you really will do anything to get her, huh?'

'She belongs to me. Of course, I can do what I want to her.'

'You're perfect.' it said. 'You will help me regain my powers for sure.'

'So, do we have a deal?' I said

'Oh, Kurai, is that even a question?' it said with a smirk .'You have my word.'

I smiled at it. This will be the perfect revenge on Kazuha. I will use the Muramasa and kill him myself. He will finally be out of my way forever. And no one will be foolish enough to take (Y/n) from me.

(Y/n)'s POV

I shook my head in annoyance. Why do people keep thinking I'm dating people who I speak to?! I sighed. The desire to be loved is the final illusion of my life. Once I overcome that, I'll be set free. The stars will be gone. Is that cold and miserable? Maybe...but I don't care. Love has never been a commodity in my life, anyway. I can't miss something I've barely had. I know living a lonely and sad life is a bad thing, but it's all I can do to get through this life. I sighed, shaking my head. But why do I have this gut feeling that things are about to go extremely wrong and I'm truly in danger? Something is after me, and I don't know why it feels close by.

"Someone very close to you will betray you (Y/n). Be wary of the people you trust."

I could hear the demon's voice ring in my ears. I haven't really pissed anyone off, have I? Whoever is after me better warch out because Ha-I mean Kaedehara (Y/n) isn't that easy to take down. I will destroy you before you even have a chance to reach me.