Chapter 25

——
Notes:
This is about the point I deviate from book 2. The writing style is going to change drastically from here on out, and I will be writing in either second or third pov.

Enjoy!
——

"Magic deficiency", I thought to myself as I walked down the torch-lit hallways of where ever I was, no specific goal in mind, allowing my hand to graze itself along the cobblestone wall, "The point of which one no longer has enough magic to sustain ones' bodies, leaving one in a severely weakened state. Causes: Excessive use of magic, blocked magic, or loss of magic in any possible way. Temporary symptoms may include physical weakness, paralysis, passing out, paling. Effect and duration varies. There are no known permanent symptoms."

I felt the cold stone ground against my bare feet, caressing my little toes upon every step I took. I moved towards the center of the hallway and looked down, at myself, surprised that I was not in my usual clothes. To begin with, I am not wearing any shoes, and I was donning a plain white dress, torn at around knee length, with a long black ribbon around the waist. Nothing on the head, no additional gear whatsoever. My whole body was dirty, and I looked like I had just evaded some enemies after a long battle.

A battle?

I started to run.

"You can't run from me forever, Lumi!" A voice echoed down the hallway.

"WHO ARE YOU!" I shouted.

"Have you not found out yet? Heh, you're so dense," It said.

"No way..." I grabbed my head as I fell to my knees, "Th... that can't be!"

"Oh, no, Lumi!" It said with a sadistic voice, "It can be, and it is very real. Also, I have promised to do something for your dad."

It may not be visible, but I could tell that it had tilted its head, smiling viciously.

"WHAT. Did. You. Do?" I asked demandingly. Is this the reason for all those weird feelings of mine back in the... the...

I tried hard to remember where I was and what I was doing right before I found myself here. I wailed in pain and fell over, grabbing my head really hard. It hurts. I need to remember, but the more I try, the more it hurt. What was going on?

I continued to wail in pain, clutching my head.

"In pain, Lumi?" It asked, "Don't worry, it will end in about... uh.. let's just say... NEVER!"

"W-What... did... y-you... DO?!" I managed to utter, despite the waves of pain.

"Oh, nothing much..." It teased, "Just that I promised your dad that I will spy on Pine Tree and Shooting Star and the rest and I'd tell him their plans, hopefully killing all of them and all that stuff. After all, they are NOT needed in this world."

"No..." I muttered, tears started to stream down my face. I felt powerless, despite possessing infinite knowledge, infinite abilities, infinite power.

It started to take shape in front of me and it had clear and distinct features, and it looked just like...

"Surprised, Lumi?" It asked, smiling callously, "Don't worry, you won't have to be part of that. You'll just slooowly rot in your own mind. You are not needed in this mission known as... what was it called again? Oh ya. YOUR LIFE!"

I got on to my legs and started to run again.

"Oh, are you trying to pull my legs? I told you once before. You can't run from yourself!" It said.

"NO!" I shouted, launching a shockwave behind me. It wasn't there anymore.

I walked further down the hallway, which is no longer the exact same no matter how far down it I went. This time, there was a stairway, leading down, at the end of the hallway. Finally, the end.