Chapter 24

——
Notes:
From chapter 3 of book 2
——

9  6-5-5-12  15-2-12-9-7-1-20-5-4
9-20-14  15-11

~Your P.O.V~

"(Y/N)?!" I heard a familiar voice call out to me. It was calm and soothing, and oddly familiar. Am I dead? "(Y/N)!!" I heard that voice again. I could make out a female voice, rushed, panicked, desperate. It sounds as though it has been longing to be with me for years. In an infinite room of black, all I could see was myself, and a light figure in the distance. As the figure approached me, I fell to my knees. I found myself crying. Crying really hard. But why?

The light figure came to me and knelt on the ground, taking form as she hugged me tightly, tears welling up in her eyes. She was able to control her tears, unlike me, who was sobbing like a baby. "It's ok, Lumi. You know you have always been the dearest to me, and it will always remain that way." I was crying a lot harder. I haven't heard that name in a long time, well at least by her voice, and I do miss her calling me. After all, there is only one person in this whole universe that sounds as beautiful as she does.

She was wearing a beautiful white dress, which reminded me of someone. Someone who could make even the plainest of dresses look amazing. Even in the house, she would always wear beautiful gowns and dresses, and she would dress me up in them too. I was her favourite...

"Not was, Lumi. You are still my favourite." She kissed me on the forehead, and everything turned really bright. "Mom...? Will I get to see you again?" I said softly. "Hm..?" She said, showing a rather genuine loving face. She then proceeded to sing a song softly.

"We'll meet again
don't know where
don't know when
But I know we'll meet again
some sunny day"

I giggled. Mom and Dad used to sing that song together all the time. Then, she proceeded, "Theres still one more thing:"

"My darling girl, I remember when
I would sing to you, and I would do it again.
Beloved child, remember this too:
In this crazy world theres no one like you~"

(you would be crazy not to know where this is from)
(All I did was change less than 5 words)
(for those who still don't know, seriously?)

I heard her warm voice echo through my ears and into my body.

That song... I have only heard it once. I can still remember it... Somewhat... It was... The day before she disappeared?

I started to tear up again.

"She's awake!" A male voice called out. It sounded cold, with each word piercing me like a sharp icicle. Who is this?

As I regained consciousness, I could feel that my face is all wet. Well, mostly. Was I... really crying?

When my vision returned to me, I saw a face. It kinda looked like me... but male. I tried to sit up, but before I could, I a terrible headache struck me. Images of my brother flashed before my eyes. I saw him in another dimension, fighting hard and defending himself, then an image of him in what seemed to be a white room. Wait, brother?

The walls were cushioned and he was in a straight jacket. The image was no longer an image, but now like a video. A couple of big, strong nurses went into the room and restrained him, taking a large syringe to collect a blood sample. His blood... It looked like the waste product of the universe, kind of like what the rift once was. They must think he is dangerous. But to keep him in a mental ward? Thats overkill.