"And what if I disagree to stay away from Isha?"

"Don't say her name." For some reason, hearing Carlos utter Isha's name with an impish touch to it, gives birth to a foreboding fear.

Carlos is the second person after His Majesty who can ignite the feeling of fear inside me, although it's quite nuance.

"Isha. Isha. Isha. There you go." Carlos' smirk turns grim. "You do not get to order your future king, Calix. Stop pretending as if Isha is truly your girlfriend."

That damn title of Crown Prince has tied me to such a position that I cannot even hold the upper power, inspite of being the first prince of Syncitia. But for now, I need to discover his ultimate intentions towards Isha.

As far as I know, Carlos is not a pathetic abuser like Killian, who exerts physical power and violence on others for absolutely no reason. However, I am certain that something else is going on in that brain of my brother. He likes to see me lose to him, and be tormented.

I have a feeling that he is planning to use Isha, to perturb me. Now the question arises, why. Like Carlos has mentioned earlier, Isha and I are not even in a real relationship.

That doesn't mean that I do not care.

I sigh, rubbing my palm on my face. There is no way I can reveal that there is a part inside me which cares for the woman present here.

"Whatever you are planning to do," I deeply exhale, "Keep Isha out of it."

Carlos hums, as if deep in thought, before replying, "We'll see."

"What are you two talking about?" Isha's voice brings both of us back from our intense conversation.

Isha, who has been sitting all this time and simply observing us without trying to interrupt, must have sensed the tension between me and my brother.

Carlos' expression changes almost immediately when he glances at Isha with a warm smile. "Nothing much, Isha."

"I told you to call me, Miss Sen," Isha grumbles, making me relieved seeing how she is not someone to be easily swayed by sweet words and affectionate gestures.

"Oh come on, I need a friend except for these arrogant aristocrats too, you know."

"Whatever." Isha does roll her eyes but, that doesn't stop a tiny smile from appearing at the corner of her lips.

My heart clenches and the strong desire to remove Carlos from this room, so that Isha can focus solely on me, increases further.

For conversational purposes, of course.

"Well," Carlos glances at his wristwatch, "I should get going now. I hope to see you around soon, Isha."

"I do not hope the same, unfortunately, Your Royal Highness." Isha emphasizes especially on the title, making Carlos laugh out louder. With fidgeting fingers, she proceeds to say, "Thank you...for your help today."

I should have arrived sooner. I should have sped up to reach Dr Georgia's chamber. I should have...

I should have what. I do not know. But what I do know is that, I do not feel well seeing Isha being so carefree around Carlos. Of course, Miss Sen is at rightful liberty to go anywhere and form friendships with whomever she wants to, but then, why does my chest feel heavy seeing Isha so deliberately avoiding my eyes and being so free-spirited with my brother?

Carlos turns away from Isha to leave the chamber. But before passing by my figure, he places a hand on my shoulder, and leans close to my ear with that sickeningly sweet voice. "Your growing affections for Isha, is a little too expressive that it's almost blinding my eyes. Make sure to keep your guard up all the time.