"Always complaining." Luna laughed.

"I was wondering. After the attack at the resort, they must've realised that the locket is no more with who had it before. Why didn't they do something to shut the device down?" Alphard asked while making himself comfortable on the couch and bringing Luna to his chest.

"Strange, no? Maybe it's a complicated system and destroying it would mean destroying the other devices too, they all must be connected. Or it could be that the person who the locket belonged to is dead and couldn't report to them that it's missing and they have no idea that he's dead." She said against his chest, then inhaled deeply.

"Maybe," he kissed the top of her head, closing his eyes. "What if it's a trap?"

"Then we'll use the trap to reach them."

"How irony is that we have to use swords and shields to defeat our enemy while having grown up in modern era, seeing military men use guns, tanks and warplanes." Alphard shook as he laughed a little.

"I'd rather go back to the medieval times where wars took place in battlefields. Those might seem brutal from the outside, but those were the brave people who fought their enemies face to face and entered the civilian occupied areas only after gaining victory."

"That actually makes sense,"

"It does, Alphard. The civilians, unlike today might fear the outcome of the war, but not about their lives, at least not till the other side won and was known to have a cruel ruler, otherwise it was all fair."

They silently pondered over the fact before drifting off to sleep. Somewhere around midnight Luna woke up and found Alphard soundly asleep. She gently slipped out of his embrace and walked to the bathroom and came out to find her mate shaking while still asleep on the couch. She ran to him.

"Stop! Don't harm them." He mumbled.

"F*ck these nightmares!" She cursed under her breath and did what she'd done with her father during their flight. Placing her hand over his forehead, she spoke. "Calm down Alphard, it's just a bad dream."

He trembled beneath her and sweat broke out on his forehead. He screamed and that woke everyone in the house up. They came out and saw Luna sitting beside Alphard, trying to ease him. She gestured for them to stay silent and to go back to their rooms.

On seeing them hesitate to leave Luna alone with Alphard for the moment, Laura urged everyone to do as Luna had asked to. They all went to one room waiting for Luna to call them when things get back to normal.

When they all left, Luna bent her head down to Alphard. A couple seconds later he responded back and wrapped his arms around her. She pulled away when he was fully awake and brushed the hair back from over his forehead.

"Really, f*ck these nightmares." He whispered.

"You heard that?"

"Along with your call to calm me down." He said. "It feels like a voice coming somewhere from within the dream, until I'm fully awake."

She just hugged him and kissed his cheek, running a comforting hand over his back. He pulled back and saw her in tears.

"I'm all right." She said when he wiped her tears with his right index. "Go back to sleep."

"Why are you breaking down now?" He asked.

Knowing Luna, she wasn't the one to break down because of something like this, she's always been the strong willed one among the two of them. She's the one with a strong determination and yet a mere nightmare breaks her down, a nightmare that Alphard had; not her.