Choices Revealed

Siedah

The Christmas Party was off the chain. I had a blast and I was happy that I got to share it with my favorite people - Monica, Franklin and Marcus. I was so happy I was with Marcus. I must admit, he had me hooked. I can see how Justine didn't want to give this up. I don't want to either.

Marcus and I were on our way back to his spot when I decided to tell him about his second gift.

"So, Marcus," I reached over to hold his hand. He laced his fingers with mine and kissed the back of my hand while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Wassup baby girl,"

"I wanna play some music," I said, searching for the song on the display. "I found it," I played Drake & J.Cole, In the Morning.

"That's the shit," he said as held my hand.

"Well why don't we see what he is talking about?" I said leaning towards him in the seat.

"What you mean?" he said, focused on driving. I didn't want to distract him by playing around so I just let it out.

"Fucking in the morning," I said. A smile spread across his face.

"You serious?" he said, glancing periodically at me trying to keep his eyes on the road.

"Yup, I'm serious." Marcus smiled hard and kissed the back of my hand again.

"Aww shit yeah," he said. "That's what I'm talkin' 'bout baby girl," .

Shortly after I gave him my second gift, we arrived at his place. The snow flurries were in full swing as the wind was swirling flakes all around. We had a few gifts in the backseat that we needed to get and I wanted to grab them as quickly as possible to eliminate me being outside in the fucking cold for too long.

Marcus came around and helped me out the suv and then opened the back door to grab the bags.

"Don't forget the little bag on the seat, that's your watch," I said as I saw him collecting the bags.

"We got a lot of shit,"

"I know, I feel like a kid at Christmas," I said looking up as the snowflakes fell quickly from the sky. I heard a car door close and I looked to see where as I didn't notice anyone driving down the street.

I saw a tall manly figure walk towards us from across the street. When the figure reached the middle of the street the light hit his face - It was Gerald! I was shocked as I saw him walking quickly as he raised his arm towards us. He had a gun!

"NOOOOO!" I screamed pushing the door closed on Marcus in the back seat while holding up my hands to block anything.

POW!

I heard a gunshot. It was loud as fuck.

I felt instant pain. I wasn't feeling well anymore. I grabbed my chest and my legs collapsed underneath me.

The snow on the ground was cold as my face lay in a deep blanket of flakes.

I heard Marcus scream my name.

POW! POW!

Two more shots. My vision was blurry as I saw Gerald standing over Marcus.

"Marcus!" I struggled to speak. "Noo!"

I was fading out. It was so cold.

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see it.

POW!   Another shot. I can't hold on.

I don't want to.

I'm sorry Marcus.