Messages

Siedah

The next morning, I woke up tired as shit. I knew I wasn't going to be fully rested but I must admit, I had a good time last night. It was eventful to the point that I acted as if I didn't have a job that I work on a regular basis. I sat up and looked at the time; my watch vocally said it was early as fuck.

"Shit," I said out loud as I slowly walked to the bathroom to turn on the shower. I looked in the mirror; at least I was able to put my bonnet on correctly as I realized I had my sleep shirt on backwards and inside out. "I was way too tired to get this shit straight."

After my shower, I grabbed an 'Everything' bagel and Vitamin Water:XXX from the kitchen. I had enough time to catch a ride with Monica if I could get a hold of her. She usually drives by my place on the way to work, so either I catch a ride with her or take the bus. If I'm running late, I'll hop in an uber or lyft.

"C'mon Monica, pick up the damn phone," I said as I heard it ring three times. I grabbed my shoes and slipped them on while also trying to put on my earrings.

"Yes Bitch, I'm on the way," she finally answered.

"Where you at?" I asked so I could gauge how long before she would arrive.

"I'm just now passing Rainbow Beach," she replied.

"Oh ok, cool. I just gotta get my jacket and I'll meet you downstairs,"

"A'ight, see you." Monica said and disconnected.

Since I was not feeling the heels today, I dressed more comfy given my hungover state. I didn't put my contacts in so I wore my glasses, a nice pair of wide legged jeans, a white sleeveless cropped sweater and a nice pair of Converse sneakers. I grabbed my trench coat, keys, messenger bag and slipped my phone in my back pocket as I hit the door.

Just as I hit the sidewalk, Monica was pulling up. I ran across the street and jumped in the passenger seat and we took off.

"Morning girl, thanks for the ride," I said, pulling my seat belt around me.

"Oooo don't you look comfy and classy," she said as she admired my outfit. "You must have had a long night," she blurted.

"Girl," I sang as I shook my head. "Wait, what happened at the party after we left?"

"Girl, Justine acted an ass and we had to put her drunk ass out,"

"Are you serious?"

"Girl, I wish I could make this shit up," she laughed and shook her head. "This bitch is crazy, you betta watch your back,"

"Bitch, you were the one who wanted me to hook up this dude,"

"Yeah, 'cause Marcus is a really good guy, but I didn't know Justine had gone bat shit crazy,"

"Uh, yeah," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah, but don't let that stop you, she ain't that crazy where she would physically do something to you, ya feel me?"

"Yeah well, she needs to think twice before doing anything stupid towards me," I responded. I didn't need or want to get into a physical fight with this female. But if it does get to that level, she would be in for an ass whooping like she has never had before in her life and I'll bet that on my mama.

"Yeah well, if she stupid enough to find out, then that's on her." Monica said as she drove around a few cars going a little slower than normal. "Let her fuck around and find out, you'll tap that ass for real,"

I laughed and looked out the car window for a minute. Suddenly I got a text and it was from Marcus.

I smiled. Monica saw me. Shit!