Delusional

Siedah

Marcus and I have been hanging out and things are going well. He had the opportunity to work with a new rapper and he offered a few tracks that were picked up. Franklin was happy that Marcus was making moves in the business and worked with Marcus on a track with a major artist. The song got nominated for a Grammy award and now Marcus is being sought out.

I was proud of him, he was on top of his shit. It was nice to see him happy and I love that I get to share those moments with him. Marcus has been getting to me and I'm not liking it. He caters to me and makes me laugh, which makes it hard to not want to be in a relationship with him.

A relationship just creates drama because feelings are present. I feel mine growing. I get happy when I know it's the day I'm scheduled to see Marcus and I feel lost when it's not. I don't do shit when I'm alone. Monica is always with Franklin and I don't always want to be relaxing at their house.

Besides, Marcus has a lot of shit going on with Justine. She is just relentless. She showed up at another release party to which, this time, she wasn't invited.

"Monica," I said walking into the kitchen. "Justine is back,"

"What the fuck? Are you serious?" she said, turning immediately around and walked out. Monica was walking so fast I wasn't sure I was going to keep up with her.

As she rounded the corner, Justine was banging on the door, screaming and calling Marcus's name. Along with the occasional 'I see you bitch', pertaining to me, which she included in her rant.

"This Bitch," Monica said as she opened the door. "What the fuck is wrong with you Justine? Why are you acting like this?"

"Because of that Bitch right there," she said, pointing at me. I was getting tired of being called a bitch when it wasn't even endearing.

"Bitch, you know damn well, it ain't got shit to do with her," Monica said, folding her arms and looking at Justine. "Bitch you need to man the fuck up. Go home and take care of your damn kid instead of out her trying to get a man back that don't want you,"

Justine looked at Monica and then looked back at me. Not many people were paying attention to the situation but there were a few who were paying attention and phones were out recording.

"Can I talk to Marcus? Please and I'll leave," she asked. I don't know the pull that Marcus has but I completely understand her position. He is a really good guy and very lovable. I can see how she got attached to him. But she needs to accept her consequences.

"I'll see if he'll come and talk to you, but don't expect anything," Monica said. She opened the door Justine walked in with her eyes on me. I just looked back at her trying to understand her obsession. She stood by the door and waited for Marcus to grant her wish for a moment of his time.

I followed Monica back to the living room and sat on the couch as she spoke to Marcus. He looked back at me and stared.

"I'm sorry," he said, putting his hand on my leg.

"Go ahead and handle your business," I said reassuring him. I knew they had history together and I also knew she was having a hard time losing him.

"Thanks baby girl," he said, giving me a quick peck on my lips. I smiled at him and looked at Justine. She just rolled her eyes and turned away. Marcus got up and walked over to her and both of them walked outside to talk.

Monica sat down in Marcus's place on the couch.

"Girl," she said passing me a blunt she was smoking. "That chick is crazy,"

"I see," I said, taking the blunt. "She's stuck on Marcus that's for sure," I pulled on the blunt and inhaled deeply.

"Yeah," she said. "So what's up with y'all? Y'all an item now?" she asked.