4. suspicious

GABRIEL DALTON

There are only so many pictures of Alexia and Lonzo on the beach I can take.

Of course I've been busy since I've taken over Lonzo's empire whilst he's away, but even in my spare time–I'm trying my damn hardest to keep myself busy because the house is ever so quiet.

So I head to Dark Suite on Friday. With new business ideas to share with Zane, I might as well mix business and pleasure for the time being. It's better than sitting indoors and masturbating into oblivion because there is genuinely nothing else to do.

That is how sad my life is.

Seeing Lonzo with my sister spikes curiosity of having a relationship of my own but a part of me knows that I barely have any time to sit down as it is. Quick one-night stands are going to have to do for the foreseeable.

As I head into Dark Suite around eleven o'clock at night, I'm swept upstairs to the VIP section immediately. My eyes glance over the room, it's a lot busier than most nights but it's certainly a good thing.

I spot Zane standing at the bar talking to a man I don't recognise. I make an instant beeline to him and greet him, along with his company. "Need a night out, huh?" He jokes, still hobbling on his wounded leg.

"You could say that," I nod as I straighten out my jacket. "Thought we could discuss a thing or two, I've been coming up with some ideas."

Zane hums. "Had a lot of time to think?"

I scoff and nod. "Being alone at the house does that to you. But it'll benefit us in the long run and I know Lonzo will be pleased if we agree on something that puts us into profits."

We grab a drink from the bar whilst Zane explains a new upgrade he's planning on creating for the club. He's always trying to make this place better, even if he opened this place not long ago.

He's a perfectionist. That's what I've learnt.

My eyes glance over the upstairs section, floating past women in little cocktail dresses and heels, men in suits and all drinking the finest and most expensive champagne. Until I see a flash of long red hair–I could recognise that colour anywhere.

I raise my whiskey glass to my mouth as I flick my eyes to the man standing right beside her. He has a hand latched onto her waist, towering over her as he grins in the most predatory way.

My jaw begins to tense when I look at Poppy again. It's obvious she's uncomfortable, even though her body language might say different. She's beaming at him, nodding when he speaks and staring dreamily into his eyes.

But I see past that bullshit. Behind her eyes are a wall of strain and resistance.

It's more than obvious she doesn't want to be standing there next to this guy, so why is she?

I clear my throat and glance at Zane. "Does she come here often?"

Zane swallows his drink and then follows my eyesight. "Oh," he hums. "Yeah, sometimes. Actually... she's here quite a lot."

"Always talking to a new man?"

He turns to me with a playful look. "Jealous?"

I scowl at his words. "No. I'm just trying to figure her out. She's Alexia's new friend and I don't know what up with her."

"Beats me," he sighs. "She comes in, gets a drink and lets men swoon all over her. Maybe that's what she enjoys, her past time. Us men like a good lay, why can't women too?"