Chapter 94 - His Friends

Start from the beginning

"That's cool," the blond assessed automatically. It looked like he was considering his next question, but before he could ask it, Lola interjected.

"I'd almost forgotten about that. I assume you went to school in Evan's hoodie." Her wide grin indicated exactly what she was referring to, and a blush quickly appeared on both lovers' faces.

"Sounds like Evan had a really great birthday," Josh teased, to which Evan pierced him with a look.

"Enough already about his birthday. I still reserve the best friend's right to all the details," Angie interjected, saving them from an awkward conversation. Not that Evan minded telling his friends more if they were really interested, but it still felt weird to talk about his new relationship in front of Kieran. Especially when it was obvious he'd managed to give Ryan more in one day than he'd given him in a year.

"I agree," Michael seconded her opinion, and their gazes swivelled to him. Not only did Michael not often talk on his own, but he even agreed with Angie, which was really shocking. Luckily, he understood, so he added with a shrug, "I've got a bed right next to Ryan's, I've heard more than I ever wanted to."

"New topic," Lola declared in a brisk tone. "What do you do in North Hallson for fun? Besides the obvious."

"Most of the time we watch movies or play board games," Ryan replied.

"Oh, Evan actually mentioned that you two saw Alien together," Aiden remembered.

"We did," Ryan confirmed. "Although I have a feeling Evan is forever traumatized by it." He chuckled, letting everyone know that this was an exaggeration.

"Because it didn't make sense. They all died because they were trying to save the cat," he quickly defended his reluctance.

"I would have died saving the cat, too," Lola declared. "And I haven't even seen the movie."

"Jonesy, right?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah," Ryan replied, suddenly looking like he had come up with a brilliant idea. "You like Marvel right?" He waited until Aiden nodded in confusion, though he must have figured Evan was talking about him, and then Ryan added. "Did you hear the theory that Jonesy is actually Goose?"

"Oh my God, yes." Aiden's whole demeanor suddenly changed, and he leaned closer to Ryan across the table, looking excited. Evan smiled delightedly and quickly exchanged a look with Kieran and Josh, who also seemed pleased by the change.

"He just stole another friend from us," Angie declared, nudging Evan with her elbow.

"Another one?" Josh asked. And even though they'd more or less started another topic, Ryan and Aiden stayed in their bubble, continuing their conversation about fantasy cat conspiracy theories, ignoring everyone around them.

"Ryan and Rory text almost every day," Evan explained.

"Really?" Kieran looked surprised, and Evan only now realized that Rory hadn't been talking about his new friend, and it was probably his fault.

"They're talking on the videochat some nights. It's annoying," Michael replied before he could do so.

"Makes sense. They both moved in the middle of high school, I guess they can relate," Lola spoke up.

"Not only that," Angie giggled. "Rory once said Ryan was hot, you should have seen Evan's reaction."

"Hey! It wasn't that dramatic at all. You weren't even there," Evan defended himself immediately even though he knew her words were true. He didn't consider himself a jealous person, but his wolf claimed otherwise.