I answered my own question when Anton emerged from the room and walked over to me with the smile I caught myself thinking about. He took my hand and pulled me up, untucked the towel around my body and pulled the white t-shirt over my head and handed me a pair of his boxers.

"Good thing your dress is pretty casual so you don't look like you're doing the walk of shame tomorrow," he smirked and I feigned offence and shoved him.

"Asshole," I muttered, failing to hide my grin as I put his boxers on. As soon as I straightened out Anton tugged me back into his chest and wrapped his arms around me, facing us out towards the view. My eyes were caught between the reflection of us together and the scene beyond it.

"You're happy here?" He asked.

"I am,"

His grip around my body tightened ever so slightly, as if he needed to feel every inch of me moulding into him.

"We could have it here," he rasped, and a surge of alert ran through me.

Normality.

A concept so foreign yet familiar to both of us. Something I was living now, but always with the knowledge of who I was truly meant to be. Something he always acted out, whilst knowing that behind the facade of a man in property development there was a ruthless, cold-blooded mafia boss.

Normality was something that was so against both of our natures, yet we both sought it out constantly, in each other.

Looking at it practically, with just the two of us involved, we could have normality. But that was just the two of us.

Now there were children involved, and a chaotic and unstable force who could explode violently at any given moment.

Leandro.

"It would never work," I sighed, keeping my eyes shut as I felt Anton's grip tighten slightly once more.

"Because of who," he murmured

"You know, Anton." I replied, "plus, didn't you say earlier that you would never make me choose?"

"I did," he said, his words emerging rigidly.

I turned in his arms, placing my hands on his biceps and looking up at him. He refused to meet my gaze, his eyes fixed on the view in front of us.

"Look at me Anton," I got no response. I placed a hand on the back of his head, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair. "Anton,"

He dipped his head down and met my gaze, a stare so cold that it almost made me look away, but behind his withdrawn eyes was fear and hurt. Hurt that I played a role in creating.

"I was untouchable before I met you," I looked at him, trying to figure out the meaning of his words. "And then I saw you at that gala."

My mind was flooded by the memory, down to the very moment where my eyes met his for the first time. They were ominously dark, it was the only way I could describe them. I tore my gaze away from his immediately and got back to entertaining my target, and when my target left for a moment Anton was by my side. His presence made me feel unsettled, but little did he know that I was the woman he hired to do all of his vital dirty work. With that information in mind I held my ground.

But it was too late, he'd already figured out why I was there, and all he had to do was observe me.

"Ever since that day Artemisia, you've been at the centre of things for me." He muttered, as if it angered him.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked, trying to find some softness in his gaze, but it was to no avail. Anton pulled away from me and walked to the bed, looking at it hesitantly before sitting down.