14 | Normality

A/N: This is an important chapter but is also not heavy on action!

Romulo

Artemisia, that was all I knew her as, and the rest of the day my interaction with her wouldn't stop running through my head

There were plenty of beautiful women in the world, I had experience with a fair share of them, but none as alluring, enticing and captivating as Artemisia.

I wanted to know more, I wanted to do what I usually did and have someone pull up information on her, but seeing her with Carina Boterosco calmed a small suspicion in my mind that she wasn't there to do some digging, they wouldn't betray me and would've been certain that she was on our side.

However, Artemisia was hesitant, and I asked myself where it came from.

She then mentioned the Italians, and I wondered if maybe she had anything to do with Leo, but I dismissed the idea when I remembered that if a woman like that had anything to do with the Cosa Nostra she would have been married by now.

That being said, she must of been early twenties and maybe there hadn't been enough time. What I did know however was that if she was part of the family then I would've known about her, especially given the fact that my cousin was marrying Leandro.

She'd sent me the address, and I knew the place very well. Carina's brother was a good friend of mine and I was met with a knowing smirk from Aurelio.

"You got in there quickly, I heard you only spoke to her for five minutes,"

"Can't wait about to ask a woman like her out," I shrugged, "If I'd left it a minute later someone else could've come along."

Aurelio laughed, nodding his head, "where are you taking her?"

"Il ristorante di pesce sull'acqua," I replied as my eyes narrowed in on the door that was beginning to open.
(Italian: The seafood place on the water)

Aurelio turned around and focused on what had taken all my attention from him, giving me a knowing grin before leaving me and walking back inside, passing Artemisia and kissing her cheek.

I had to bite back a grunt, and let out a quick exhale. This woman was very slowly absorbing all my being, and I had known her less than twelve hours.

It was totally fucking ludicrous.

"Hi," she smiled gently as she approached me

"You look beautiful Artemisia," I murmured as I kissed her cheeks; her hand rested on my shoulder and trailed down my arm as she pulled away.

"Where are we going?" She asked as I led her to the back seat of the Range Rover before getting in behind her. I watched my driver, someone who I trusted with my life, eye her from the rear view mirror and a subtle smirk spread on his lips.

"To give you a tour of where I'm keeping you hostage," I smirked and Artemisia momentarily scowled at me before reluctantly breaking into a smile.

"Così divertente," she sighed, attempting and failing to hide her smile.
(Italian: how funny)

"Non ti preoccupare Bella, ce ne sono molti altri da cui provengono."
(Italian: Don't worry beautiful, plenty more where that came from.)

-

Anton

I didn't feel much towards that night, in a way I thought my reaction was pretty justified. Artemisia had lied to me not once, not twice, but three times, and she had turned me into a fucking fool.