Chapter Thirty-Two

"Juliet, my ravishing cherub, let us flee to Vegas, where neon lights shall witness our wedding in a chapel bedecked with playing cards, and accompanied by Elvis impersonators serenading our whimsical desires!"

I giggled as Alex finished reciting lines from his senior play, dramatically slicking back his hair and flexing. I didn't know he had it in him, but apparently, Alex McGraw was quite the actor. So was his twin, who'd come out of his shell to complete this entertaining performance as Juliet.

"Romeo, my dashing mirthmaker, while Vegas does beckon with its glittering charm, let's not discount the odds of thee accidentally marrying another's bride in a case of mistaken chapels! Thy heart, so easily swayed by whimsy, might lead thee down the aisle with the wrong Juliet or perhaps someone named Sheila or Veronica."

Bailey snorted from beside me, leaning back into the massive defenseman she'd perched her generous butt on when we couldn't find any more chairs. You could tell he didn't mind by the grin on his face and the hand on her ass. As it was, I was currently sitting on Tristan's lap, his arm curled around my waist as we all enjoyed the show in front of us.

"Juliet, my one and only enchantress! Outrageous slander spills from thy lips like poisoned wine! As for Veronica and Sheila, I have drunk from them, and their bosoms pale in comparison to the celestial round wonders that adorn thy captivating form!"

Juliet, a.k.a. Owen gasped dramatically, feigning shock and clutching his chest. This playful charade had begun when Alex inadvertently revealed that both he and his twin had dabbled in theater during high school. Following a string of teasing and jokes at their expense, someone dared the twins to reenact one of their plays. They'd chosen a parody of Romeo and Juliet.

We sat there and watched the rest of the impromptu play, which ended with Romeo catching sight of a redhead with even bigger honkers than Juliet and leaving the girl (cough) Owen at the altar. We all erupted into applause, cheering on the brothers as they took their dramatic bows.

"Wah a byt?" Tristan asked with a mouth full of hotdog, raising a brow at me and lifting the bun to my lips.

"No chicken breasts and egg whites today?" I teased, leaning in to take a bite.

He swallowed and grinned. "I'm in for a weekend of crap food, shitty alcohol and no sleep."

I laughed and then gasped as a drop of ketchup escaped the bun, landing on the cleavage of my right boob. I lifted my finger to wipe it away, but Tristan beat me to it, ducking his head and licking me clean. In front of everyone. I ignored Bailey, who waggled her eyebrows at me and took another bite, careful not to spill any more of the sauce.

Once we were all finished eating, someone turned up the music and brought out the proper alcohol. Bailey even brought out a bottle of good tequila, waving it at me with a wicked grin. But there was no way I was getting drunk on tequila — I would still like to function the next day.