Chapter Ten

We managed to get all the way downstairs and into the living room without detection

We managed to get all the way downstairs and into the living room without detection. The girls were focused on their morning routines, so they remained easily distracted. Which worked wonders when you were attempting to discreetly sneak out a giant man from the house.

I stood in the doorway, keeping a lookout, while whatever-his-name-was searched for his phone. Five minutes in, and each passing moment seemed to stretch longer, making me more fidgety and anxious.

"What is taking you so long!" I whispered-yelled, poking my head into the room in exasperation.

He was on the floor in a plank position busy looking under the couch. Without looking at me, he answered, "I can't find it anywhere. Maybe my buddies took it with them — or maybe one of your roommates has it and is busy taking nude selfies as we speak."

I rolled my eyes. "Just keep looking, idiot."

"What do you think I'm doing?" He growled.

"Wasting our time. Have you looked between the couch cushions? If we don't find it in the next few seconds, we're leaving."

"Of course I've looked— Ah ha! Found it." He pulled the black smartphone from between the cushions and presented it to me with a proud look on his gorgeous face.

"Great! Now let's g—"

I stopped when I heard someone coming down the stairs. It was Molly, still dressed in her lime pj's, hair curled to perfection, and wearing a blue face mask. I ducked into the living room and quickly ran to him. Grabbing him by the shirt, I maneuvered him behind the couch and shoved him down so that he was hidden. I gently smacked him when he tried to peek over the edge to see who was coming. He rubbed his head and glared at me before pinching my calf in retaliation. Drama queen.

Molly walked past the entryway and stopped when she saw me. She gave me a confused look and said, "Ha—"

I cut her off before she could reveal my name. "Molly! Hey! How are you this lovely morning?" My smile was large and forced.

"Uhh." She gave me a weirded-out look. "I'm okay? What are you doing behind the couch?"

"Oh... I lost something and thought this would be a great place to look. Don't mind me, continue what you were doing." I waved a hand at her nonchalantly.

Fuckface shifted, trying to get his huge body into a more comfortable position and using me as an anchor. Which meant I rocked side to side like I was on a boat at sea. When his hand curled around my inner thigh, I squeaked. Fucking squeaked. I tried to discreetly peel his hands off my legs but he wouldn't budge.

"Okayyy." She shook her head and went to leave, but paused. "Hey, you didn't happen to see a guy wandering around the house yesterday? Tall, really muscular, and like, the hottest guy you've ever seen? He was here yesterday night and then just disappeared. Amanda insists he just got lost and that he didn't go home."