A Bright Beginning

The day was bright and the clouds were passing through the blue color lazily. This bright clear day shone softly above the planet Estellia, a powerful kingdom that lived in secrecy for over ten thousand years, since the beginning of the war waged by the Galra Empire.

And now that the war was finally ended, thanks to the sacrifice of a past Empress of Estellia, the people could finally travel through the universe once more. Free to spread their power and light to the far corners of the universe.

One person in this vast kingdom however, was watching its people from afar. A long golden haired woman stood on the balcony of her private room, watching as the people below prepared for a great celebration being held that evening.

The sounds of the children rushing to finish their chores and schoolwork in order to enjoy the activities in the evening. The men and womenpreparing the treats and games they would have during the night. And several of the best performers practicing their acts for the celebration.

Novae couldn't help but smile at her bustling kingdom. Never in over ten thousand years had she imagined that her people could be free like this. Smiling, laughing, without a single sense of danger anywhere. The dream she had finally came true.

The universe was free. She fulfilled her promise to her mother and father, destroying the darkness that plagued the universe for so long.

And there, sitting in the middle of the gardens, was the Gold Lion she used to fly across the stars. Since that day a year ago, she flew the Lion here to Estellia, and it hasn't moved since. Without its soul, there was no reason for it to move. It was simply just another machine without a power source.

"Sister?" A voice said behind her, causing the Empress to turn around and smile upon seeing her younger brother Corrinan. Over the past year, he had grown along with his twin brother, Aragon and the rest of their siblings.

"Corrinan, what is it little brother?" Novae asked.

"Luca is asking for you. Something about a final fitting for your evening gown for tonight." He answered with a chuckle, gesturing to the small tuft of red hair that was peeking out from behind the room door.

"Right, right. I'm on my way." Novae then left her room to find Luca, seeing her waiting outside her room door.

"Luca?" She called out.

"Oh, Your Majesty." Luca smiled.

"You know that you could have just walked in and asked for me."

"I know, but Prince Corrinan was already here and I didn't want to disturb you in case you were doing something important and I--"

Novae cut her off by laughing, "Calm yourself, Luca, you're ranting again. Let's get going. There's much to organize for tonight's gathering."

Luca nodded and followed her Empress to go over the last bit of preparations. Ever since the end of the war, Luca was given the choice to either go to the newly formed Altea with Allura, or to go to another planet to start a new life.

Luca chose the latter, and decided to live on Estellia and serve Novae as her Empress. Novae tried to say that she didn't have to stay with her, but Luca had made up her mind, staying right by the woman who saved her life in the war. She actually made quite the life for herself, serving Novae as one of her royal servants. Luca even managed to find someone to love. A bright new life for someone who was lost in the darkness for so long.

Novae enjoyed her life as Empress. She was with her people, her brothers and sisters, and ruling over her beloved planet. And now, she would celebrate again.

Why, you may ask? It has officially been one year since the end of the war. Since Empress Zaurelia of Estellia, the soul of the Gold Lion of Voltron, finally passed on while repairing all reality. Without her sacrifice, no one in the universe, in any universe, would get to see the light of day again.