Lion's Pride Pt. 2

Novae stood tall and ready to fight, and from the bad feeling in her chest, she could tell that her worry was right this time. She could feel Haggar's dark magic coming from that horrible ball of fire. It fell faster and faster towards Earth's surface making everyone more fearful of another possible fight.

"No!" Allura gasped.

"Paladins, brace for impact." Keith warned everyone, "Hunk, help me with Shiro."

Hunk, who has landed not too long ago and ran out to the ground, headed over to Keith and Novae and took Shiro away to a more protective place. Novae, like everyone else, rushed back to their Lions if they were not already inside of them. In that instant, the strange object crashed into the ground, the area now covered in a thick layer of dust.

All of the Lions flew as far away as they could from the crashed object, avoiding the large amounts of dust and debris that was kicked up. However, just as quickly as the dust rose from the ground, it began to settle and revealed the new crashed invader.

There standing in front of the team was a large white mech. It was slim and looked like it could fight quite well if it was necessary to do so.

"Hunk, get Shiro to the Atlas. We'll cover you." Keith ordered.

"On it." Hunk replied.

As Hunk went to bring Shiro back to the Atlas, Novae glared at the strange white mech in both anger and determination to take it down.

"Zaurelia, can you tell me what this thing is?" She asked.

"I cannot, Novaleyia." The Lion answered, "All I can sense from this mech is a terrible dark magic akin to Haggar's. It is possible that this fighter is aligned with her somehow."

"Just do what you can to scan and assess this stranger."

"Understood Young Star."

The mech suddenly hummed with power taking Novae away from her conversation with the Gold Lion. The mech didn't hesitate for a second to begin its attack. It stood up straight, raised its right arm and fired a barrage of rapid fire at the Lions.

The Paladins dodged the attacks and spread out to further thin the attacks. The Black Lion attacked, firing its own beam at the mech, but this was not enough. The mech held up its weapon and spun it around to act as a shield and deflect the attack. Needless to say, the Lions' attacks were noneffective in making a dent in its white armor.

"That energy spectrum completely deflected our attack!" Allura shouted.

"If that's the case than this mech is much more dangerous than I had initially thought." Novae said, nicking her thumb to make the blood flow again so that Gold Lion could have a bit of a power boost, "Zaurelia is doing everything she can to analyze the enemy. Until I can get a clear answer on what it is, try to do whatever you can to avoid a direct attack from this thing."

"Shiro is aboard the Atlas." Hunk announced.

The mech finally stopped spinning its weapon and began to fire rapidly at the team again. The Paladins dodged and activated their Lions' jaw blades to go in for a closer attack, but every time they came in to attack, the mech blocked each one of them.

However, there was something different about this mech's attitude towards the Gold Lion. Instead of just attacking like with the other Lions, it was trying to subdue the Gold Lion. It would attack the Gold Lion like it did with the other Lions, but would follow up with one of its hands to throw the Gold Lion down to the ground.

"What is this trying to do with us?" Novae thought.

The Black Lion went in for through attack, but it was struck down. The mech ran up to the Black Lion with the intent to kill. But just as it was about to attack, all of our Lions fired their lasers to distract it so that Keith could escape.